It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 04:46 PM   #1

rhienhold HB User
Question Doxycycline - What should I take with it?

I am a 20 year old male that has regularly got pimples on my face for years. I have always been using cleansers and topical treatments such as clearisil to try and fix this, but it never seemed to do much for me, and caused my face to be constantly dry. I think I also have rosacea, which I think these topical treatments didn't help. I have recently been prescribed to take 100 mg of Doxycycline twice daily. I have stopped using the clearisil products, and now use either noxema or cetaphil as a cleanser, and dont have a topical spot treatment. I have only been taken Doxycycline for a few days, however I am still breaking out. I was wondering how long will it take for me to get the full effects of the antibiotic, and should I be using an anti acne cleanser or topical treatment in addition to this pill? Whatever I have used so far has made my face extremely dry, so I am hoping that the doxycycline will do the job itself and I wont need to add anything else that will cause my face to dry up and crust over.

Thanks a lot.

Old 01-20-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
(male)

determinedtowin HB User
Re: Doxycycline - What should I take with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhienhold
I am a 20 year old male that has regularly got pimples on my face for years. I have always been using cleansers and topical treatments such as clearisil to try and fix this, but it never seemed to do much for me, and caused my face to be constantly dry. I think I also have rosacea, which I think these topical treatments didn't help. I have recently been prescribed to take 100 mg of Doxycycline twice daily. I have stopped using the clearisil products, and now use either noxema or cetaphil as a cleanser, and dont have a topical spot treatment. I have only been taken Doxycycline for a few days, however I am still breaking out. I was wondering how long will it take for me to get the full effects of the antibiotic, and should I be using an anti acne cleanser or topical treatment in addition to this pill? Whatever I have used so far has made my face extremely dry, so I am hoping that the doxycycline will do the job itself and I wont need to add anything else that will cause my face to dry up and crust over.

Thanks a lot.
Alright mate, in the exact same posistion, just been given Doxy! It has improved my face even after 4 days mate! I only take 1 a day as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 05:50 PM   #3

Marlon19 HB User
Re: Doxycycline - What should I take with it?

i have that. i take it twice a day. but im also taking it with Benza-Clin and it seem to work for me i guess. i just have red marks left over

Closed Thread