It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lisa24 HB User
accutane prescription - anyone else go thru this

As we all know, the dr only gives a prescription for accutane one month at a time. When my dr schedules my next appt. it's always days after I will run out of pills. And this time I will be out of pills for 10 days before my next appt. They say, oh it's okay because it stays in your blood for 1 month, but I don't like this. I feel like I need to keep taking it regularly to help myself the best.
Just want to know is this normal? Do the rest of you go thru this when getting your prescriptions. I feel like for all the money this is costing me I should at least be able to get my appt at the right time!

Old 01-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
Re: accutane prescription - anyone else go thru this

A week before your appointment just take one every other day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #3

Kare_Kare HB User

Hello, I usually post in another forum and I am so new here, but I saw your post. My younger brother had severe acne and was given accutane he suffered side effects and over time it thined his skin so badly before he stopped taking it. I am not an expert on this subject but I thought I would let you know. Knowledge is power.

I hope you find your answers.

Last edited by Kare_Kare; 01-21-2004 at 04:27 PM.

Old 01-22-2004, 01:19 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lisa24 HB User

Thanks for the input. One pill every other day would be okay, except I spent 2 months on 20 mg and am just now going on 40. As I wanted a higher dosage last month, I don't feel I should have to go without considering the price I pay.

If anyone can please provide feedback just to let me know if this is normal, I would really appreciate it. I know a large # of people here have been on accutane, and am just looking for a quick yes or no response. Thanks for helping.

Old 01-22-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi, I can't really offer any better advice than this: complain. Tell the dermatlogist's secretary that it's not good enough and that surely they can fit you in just for a quick update and to write the new prescription. It must be awkward for you to have to get a new one every month. Here in the UK I was able to get all 450 capsules in one go (in two big bags ).

Old 01-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #6

TheWildSide HB User

Im not sure exactly how your doc does it, but mine tells me to go to the front desk and set one up for four weeks later or whatever. I usually set it up for three and a half weeks later though to allow time for the blood tests to come back and what not.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:51 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

lisa24 HB User

My dr writes a note on my chart that I give the front desk, then they set a date. So it's actually already the secretary doing this to me. And I've put up a fuss about this each time. Maybe I should have shared this with the dr.
But seems like maybe it's time for a new dr anyway.

Closed Thread