It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #1

Laurenmarie179 HB User
Question YASMIN--when did you see results?

I have been on Yasmin bc for 6 weeks now. I have heard that "optimal" results come at 12 weeks. When should I start to see this though because so far I'm disappointed.

How long does this take????

I was virtually clear last week--first time since forever--people even said how good my skin was looking--but now this week I'm back to where i was

My back chest acne has cleared however and my skin is less oily--maybe thats a good sign, but the face acne is not staying clear. My next resort if this doesnt work is I dont know...I'm very bummed right now

Old 01-21-2004, 06:38 PM   #2

Tweety22 HB User
Re: YASMIN--when did you see results?

Hi. I usually don't post on this board but thought I would share my experience.
I have battled w/ terrible (mostly cystic) and some surface acne and rosacea since was 12 (I am now 27). I tried every OTC, RX topical, RX pill (even accutane 2X) that I could get my hands on.
What worked for me finally was what I think is a combination of things:
1) Yasmin - I am still on it now. It took a few months to see my skin calm down but it helped a lot.

2) EPICUREN products - these are AMAZING. From the 1st month I went to Dr. Lancer (the founder of the products) my skin has sone a 180. I use the acne cleanser and the acidopholous cream but all skin is different so others may be right for you.
and

3) Over the counter acidopholous pills (by Natren)

This has worked to keep my skin under control to date for about 1 1/2 years now....just thought I would share.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #3

Laurenmarie179 HB User

Tweety,

How did the Dr decide which of his products were best for you???

My friend is an estetician (sp? ) and I asked her what was the best product line she had used and she said Epicuren, which is the only line I have yet to try pretty much. I currently use Dermalogica clay cleanser in the shower for my face, then MD Forte otherwise. Dermalogica is good but no amaziing results and I wont buy again. I honestly love MD Forte though--big difference in skin texture and scars, but its not really an 'acne line'--its a glycolic line...I then use DDF 5% BP gel/tea tree at night. I think I will try the Epicuren to replace my Dermalogica that I use in them A.M. I'm trying everything to AVOID accutane!

I did notice an iimprovement in my skin after going OFF antibiotics which had stopped working --worked great for 8 months (ironic it got better not being on them). I think it was killing the "good" bacteria---which acidopholus could help replace. How much do you take orally, what brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety22
I have battled w/ terrible (mostly cystic) and some surface acne and rosacea since was 12 (I am now 27). I tried every OTC, RX topical, RX pill (even accutane 2X) that I could get my hands on.
1) Yasmin - I am still on it now. It took a few months to see my skin calm down but it helped a lot.

2) EPICUREN products - these are AMAZING. From the 1st month I went to Dr. Lancer (the founder of the products) my skin has sone a 180. I use the acne cleanser and the acidopholous cream but all skin is different so others may be right for you.
and

This has worked to keep my skin under control to date for about 1 1/2 years now....just thought I would share.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:06 PM   #4

Laurenmarie179 HB User

TWEETY,

OOPS, SORRy..FORGOT YOU HAD TOLD ME THE BRAND OF ACIDOPHOLOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety22

and

Old 01-21-2004, 07:37 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

The first time I was on Yasmin I cleared up within a month. I was off it for a while and then decided to go back on and it took 4-5 months to see a huge difference but it definitely got better each month.

Old 01-21-2004, 08:53 PM   #6

neko13 HB User

4 months to be completely clear for me.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #7

Laurenmarie179 HB User

Thanks for replying everybody. Realistically i know that after only being on yasmin for 6 weeks, clearing is not likely yet, but we all know how we lose hope in the midst of a major breakout. ive put hope into everthing else for my skin, and it all eventually failed me and left me with worse skin than before. i hope this at least helps. i have a big date next week along with my 25th birthday, so im hoping it wont be a bad skin moment then and ruin it for me (im noticing it clears for a week then breaks out again--please let it be a clear week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenmarie179
I have been on Yasmin bc for 6 weeks now. I have heard that "optimal" results come at 12 weeks. When should I start to see this though because so far I'm disappointed.

How long does this take????

I was virtually clear last week--first time since forever--people even said how good my skin was looking--but now this week I'm back to where i was

My back chest acne has cleared however and my skin is less oily--maybe thats a good sign, but the face acne is not staying clear. My next resort if this doesnt work is I dont know...I'm very bummed right now

Old 01-22-2004, 07:22 AM   #8

Jaxxx HB User

Ive just finished my 3rd month and Ive just started to clear up! hurrah! I only have one annoying cyst, which is beginning to clear up and I still have marks left over from old pimples and stuff. But my face is less oily and I can wear sunscreen without looking all shiny at the end of the day! yay!

When I first started on Yasmin I broke out really badly..but I waited it out and it seems to be working...hope this hasnt jinxed it!!

Old 01-22-2004, 07:40 AM   #9

Tweety22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenmarie179
Tweety,

How did the Dr decide which of his products were best for you???
I WENT TO DR. LANCER (BEVERLY HILLS, CA) AND HE TOLD ME WHAT TO USE. BUT I AM SURE THAT THERE IS AN EPICUREN WEBSITE AND YOU COULD FIND THE NAME OF REGISTERED AESTHTICIANS WHO SELL THE LINE AND THEY CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO USE.

My friend is an estetician (sp? ) and I asked her what was the best product line she had used and she said Epicuren, which is the only line I have yet to try pretty much. I currently use Dermalogica clay cleanser in the shower for my face, then MD Forte otherwise. Dermalogica is good but no amaziing results and I wont buy again. I honestly love MD Forte though--big difference in skin texture and scars, but its not really an 'acne line'--its a glycolic line...I then use DDF 5% BP gel/tea tree at night. I think I will try the Epicuren to replace my Dermalogica that I use in them A.M. I'm trying everything to AVOID accutane!

I did notice an iimprovement in my skin after going OFF antibiotics which had stopped working --worked great for 8 months (ironic it got better not being on them). I think it was killing the "good" bacteria---which acidopholus could help replace. How much do you take orally, what brand?
I TAKE ACIDOPHOLOUS (CALLED HEALTHY TRINITY) OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BY A COMPANY CALLED NATREN. I PILL PER DAY. I WAS ALSO PUT ON THAT BY. DR. LANCER.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:07 AM   #10
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

Stick with the YASMIN!! Don't get frustrated and give up now...you've come too far. I am on it and I still deal with a little acne, my skin is MUCH better than it had been. It took 4 months before I saw a drastic improvement, so hang in there.

Closed Thread