It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #1

dance4calif HB User
Can lasers do more harm than good?

Well here is my story.

I have received three cool touch treatments for my acne scars. The lasers have actually helped my acne scarring but now I think it gave me frown lines (between my eyes).

I only have acne scars on my cheeks but I had my whole face lasered to help prevent any future wrinkles (or at least prolong it). Well when I was getting my third treatment done, the technician commented on how I have no wrinkles. She was laughing and indicated that she might give me some with the laser because I was frowning alot. It hurt especially on my forehead so yes I was frowning or squinting (whatever you want to call it).

On another board, I mentioned this and someone replied that I may have been squinting thus it caused the wrinkling.

What do you think? Do you think the laser could have done that? I did not have any wrinkling in that area nor were there any fine lines or anything forming at all.

I am asking on this board because I know a lot of people here had laser treatments done. THANKS

Old 01-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #2
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: Can lasers do more harm than good?

i could see if you were frowning during the treatment itself because the cool touch treatment is restructuring, in that it causes new collagen(sp) to build

you can actually end up looking quite different than when you started. These lasers actually make people lose their hair too if the administrator isn't careful. If performed correctly though they really do improve appearance. sometimes we can worry things into existence, like wrinkles. If you are of wrinkling age 25+, then it is just normal.

Last edited by prometheus; 01-22-2004 at 09:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Of course, prometheus, it is possible to reduce and even reverse wrinkling on an anti-inflammatory diet.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Inactive

prometheus HB User

I'd say get one more or two more treatments done and this time don't squint. Impress the technician with your new found stoic abilities.

Jhart I've seen wrinkles come and go so you are probably right. I think a true anti inflammatory diet is a low calorie, optimally nutritious one, coupled with activities that do not lead to inflammation. I also know some things, supplements, foods, that can or have been noticed to make wrinkles go away.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #5

dance4calif HB User

Thanks for replying.

I really do think it was the laser treatment. Wrinkles just don't appear overnight... do they? Both the laser tech. and the girls who do my microdermabrasion all have indicated that I have no wrinkles and that I look young. I am only 28. I have not gone back to get any micros or lasers since. I know for a fact it was not there before. I tolerated the first two laser treatments but the last one really hurt and I could not help but squint throughout the process (especially on my forehead becuz that is where it hurt the most).

Prometheus,

I am going to take your advice and not squint next time. Maybe it will fix what it did the last time. However, I am going to have to wait. Money is a little tight.

Thanks for you advice. Take care.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:31 PM   #6
Inactive

prometheus HB User

yes wrinkles do actually appear overnight. It is interesting how it happens. They can go away just as quickly too. One time I got some kind of qi gong, accupressure massage and afterwards I had a pain and then a deep groove showed up in the palm of my hand, kind of like the normal lines but much deeper. It came and went away within a couple hours. Whenever I read about wrinkles or dermatologists talking about them it is always overnight or "this wasn't here last week!". That's just the way it happens. Good luck

Last edited by prometheus; 01-23-2004 at 09:32 PM.

Closed Thread