It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
Inactive

SOG777 HB User
Talking Cystic Acne Killers

Hi Guys

I want to create a new thread to share techniques that have successfully killed cystic acne. Instead of having formers doing a teadious search (like I have done), we can share all our experiences and techniques that has worked to kill cystic acne.

Techniques for treating cystic acne.

1.) Accutane - it has made the rest of my face perfect but failed to kill my cystic acne. 60mg/day for 4 months. I am currently on my second try on accutane. Doc's won't prescribe it to me so I had to spend $2300 to buy my own from an online source.

2.)Cortisone shots - diluted 4% the doctor gave me injections which failed to successfully treat my cystic acne on my nose (it just wont die), I heard there is two kinds of cortisone one long term and one short term. Does anyone have more detailed information on cortisone shots and what is the ideal dilution level? I suspect the doctor used too gentle of a solution. Possiable risk of indention in skin.

3.)Excision or acne surgery - I have not had this procedure but the doctor opens your cyst up with a scalpel and drains it manuelly then use a forcep to eliminate the cell sac. Possiable risk of indention in skin.

4.) Heat compressions? I read about it but not too sure how to execute this procedure can someone plesae elaborate?

Things that HAVE NOT WORKED for me:

1.) Benzoyal peroxide (good for regular acne but burns, same stuff as proactive but much cheaper)

2.) Tetracycline, Diffrin Gel, Retin-A Micro

3.) Salyic acid and those pore sticky tapes (to pull out dirt from pores)

4.) Drastic diet change of only fruit, vegtables, whole food,liver clean, the whole nine yards. Tried it for one year <---- what a bunch of BS (in my humble opinion)

5.) Squeezing DO NOT DO THIS, this is why I have cystic acne on my nose that has been there for the last 4.5 years!!!!!!

Please share your experiences and techniques on treating cystic acne. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 12:53 AM   #2
Inactive

SOG777 HB User
Re: Cystic Acne Killers

Does anyone know where to buy cortisone solution IE the kind dermatologists use and syringes ?

(I think a lot of derms are scared of prescribing real solutions in fear of potential lawsuits, so I have to do it myself).

Old 01-22-2004, 01:02 AM   #3
Inactive

nomoreacne HB User

What worked for me-

liver flushes -after 2 flushes I haven't had a single cystic spot.

eating protein with grains to reduce the insulin spike

What didn't work

red and blue light

high carb/grain diet

topicals

Old 01-22-2004, 02:27 AM   #4

rainbowlight HB User

Drinking tons of water helps me. Also, I had an Obaji Blue Peel and then micro dermabrasion. I continued to use the Obaji products along with the retin a. All of it helped alot but then continued to leave my face pretty red and upset (no acne though). Then I found out I am extremely sensitive to the chemicals in skin products. I switched to using "Kiss My Face, Obsessively Organic" skin care line. No preservatives or artificial ingredients, and Wow! What a huge difference in my skin. It's pretty inexpensive too. Perhaps going the more gentle/natural route might help. Good luck to you, I know how frustrating it is.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:01 AM   #5
Inactive

sweetpoison68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreacne
What worked for me-

liver flushes -after 2 flushes I haven't had a single cystic spot.

eating protein with grains to reduce the insulin spike

What didn't work

red and blue light

high carb/grain diet

topicals
Nomore
Please tell me what is the name of the liver flush?Would GNC carry it?Thanks in advance.I have been suffering with some pretty big cysts for about 8 years!!!! Since going on hormones after my hyst 4 months ago they are GETTING WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance for the info!!
SP68

Old 01-22-2004, 12:07 PM   #6

blank HB User

liver flush isn't a product.

it's not eating for 3 days...and then just eating apples and salads and stuff after that.

Old 01-22-2004, 01:16 PM   #7
Inactive

nomoreacne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison68
Nomore
Please tell me what is the name of the liver flush?Would GNC carry it?Thanks in advance.I have been suffering with some pretty big cysts for about 8 years!!!! Since going on hormones after my hyst 4 months ago they are GETTING WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance for the info!!
SP68
Acne is a result of a weak liver and a congested colon.

A liver flush is a procedure which results in flushing out stones from the liver and gallbladder. Here's the link-

[removed]

Conventional hormones will create more stones and weaken the liver further.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-08-2004 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Not allowed to post commercial websites. Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top of the board. Thank you.

Old 01-22-2004, 09:32 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison68
Nomore
SP68

There are liver flushing pills at GNC, try it. I used the "Super Cleanse" pills to cleanse colon. I can't say it worked on my cysts. But maybe using the 2 together or using em twice like previously posted. Id say try it, im about to get me a bottle of the liver cleanser myself. $15, its worth a shot. good luck

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 01-22-2004 at 09:33 PM.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:15 AM   #9
Inactive

sweetpoison68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwgoodguy
There are liver flushing pills at GNC, try it. I used the "Super Cleanse" pills to cleanse colon. I can't say it worked on my cysts. But maybe using the 2 together or using em twice like previously posted. Id say try it, im about to get me a bottle of the liver cleanser myself. $15, its worth a shot. good luck
Thanks DFW and NOMORE
I am gonna check it out later today!!!I hope it does something for my cysts i am getting.I thought there were alot of them before but now its just ridiculous!!!!!! I will do both cleansers and drink lots and lots of water.I am ready to try something besides antibiotics..Thanks again
SP68

Closed Thread