It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User
Wink I'm sure this has already been asked but...

Does petroluem jelly (vaseline) clog pores and/or lead to breakouts? I feel somehow silly asking this question. My face is always so dry though, i'm desperate. Thanks to whoever helps me out.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
Inactive

SOG777 HB User
Re: I'm sure this has already been asked but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealmeal
Does petroluem jelly (vaseline) clog pores and/or lead to breakouts? I feel somehow silly asking this question. My face is always so dry though, i'm desperate. Thanks to whoever helps me out.
1.) I am not sure, but do you really want to put vasaline on your face?

2.) JoJoBa oil is an AWESOME moistureizer, it lasts all day and keeps your face moist (even when I was on accutane).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 12:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOG777
1.) I am not sure, but do you really want to put vasaline on your face?

2.) JoJoBa oil is an AWESOME moistureizer, it lasts all day and keeps your face moist (even when I was on accutane).
I don't mean to wear all day. Just for a couple hours before i wash my face before bed. I'm wearing some right now. I'm using it as just a temporary solution given that its midnight here.

Jojoba oil is intriguing. How much does it cost and where can i get it? Thank you for responding so quickly.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:46 AM   #4
(male)

Karl2 HB User

I know your suppossed to put petroleum jelly over your whole face after you have had laser resurfacing - so it can't be that bad, I would think.

Old 01-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User

I use Vaseline on my lips, and on the container, it says non-comedogenic... meaning it doesn't clog pores/cause acne. I know people that put it on their face, and they don't have problems with it.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

non-comedogenic, really? Interesting. I've never seen that written on a container of petroleum jelly. But also, i can't remember breaking out in the few times i've slathered it onto my face. So as a sort of emergency 'mask' for dry skin, (as in, i'm not wearing it under makeup or anything, but instead i've put it on my face for about an hour at a time before washing it off), i'm thinking this will be ok.

I am thinking of picking up some jojoba oil later today though. After SOG777 recommended it, i searched the boards for old threads on it and everyone seemed to be raving about it.

Old 01-22-2004, 11:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Well i got a 1 oz bottle of jojoba oil from the health food store today. I'm really looking forward to see if it works for my dry, acne prone skin. I love the fact that it's all natural...i can actually pronounce all the ingredients! (eh, one hehe). I'll keep you (the two people reading this) posted.

Closed Thread