It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 03:52 AM   #1

Bubble Gum HB User
Ingrown facial hairs

Has anyone had any luck with this situation? I took everyone's advice and bought an electric razor but it doesn't seem to help at all and actually I think my ingrown hairs get worse from using it and I've been using this electric razor for more than half a year. I've also dropped down to a double razor blade but no improvements. I also exfoliate before I shave but this doesn't seem to do anything either. I'm thinking of checking out those bumpfighter razors but I dunno, aren't electrics supposed to cause less abrasion then blades?

Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 07:41 AM   #2

Rousie13 HB User
Re: Ingrown facial hairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Gum
Has anyone had any luck with this situation? I took everyone's advice and bought an electric razor but it doesn't seem to help at all and actually I think my ingrown hairs get worse from using it and I've been using this electric razor for more than half a year. I've also dropped down to a double razor blade but no improvements. I also exfoliate before I shave but this doesn't seem to do anything either. I'm thinking of checking out those bumpfighter razors but I dunno, aren't electrics supposed to cause less abrasion then blades?

Dave
I use a Mach 3 turbo and used to get some ingrown hairs. I use Aveeno shaving gel, wash my face after I shave, splash the facial hair with warm water before I shave, splash my face with cold water right after shaving, and then use Tendskin when needed. Tendskin is very very good at getting rid of razor bumps. Just don't pick at them, because that makes them worse. I shave everyother day and that has also seemed to limit them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Re: Ingrown facial hairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rousie13
I use a Mach 3 turbo and used to get some ingrown hairs. I use Aveeno shaving gel, wash my face after I shave, splash the facial hair with warm water before I shave, splash my face with cold water right after shaving, and then use Tendskin when needed. Tendskin is very very good at getting rid of razor bumps. Just don't pick at them, because that makes them worse. I shave everyother day and that has also seemed to limit them.
Hi i too have suffered with this problem for many years,sometimes i have a respite from it and sometimes it,s really bad,i have tried everything and nothing has really helped.
I have started a new regime now of washing my beard area in head and shoulders shampoo,i have done this for the past two weeks and my skin is alot less redder and the itchyness has calmed down quite a bit,but maybe this is due to the fact that i have stopped using Benzoyl Peroxide and other creams prescribed by my doctor.
As hard as it is i have also stopped picking at the ingrown hairs as only a few weeks ago the whole area got infected and looked 100 times worse,luckily some antibiotic cream healed it up within a week.
It,s an ongoing problem one i sure as hell hate as it,s always there no matter what i try.

Closed Thread