It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User
Prometheus i got a Question.

since now my acne has completely dissapated, i have annoying left over marks, i was just wondering what foods and fruit etc are good for any sort of inflammation and to speed up the skins rejuvenation process or help it in any way, i don't want anything that will contribute to any breakouts or anything however, thanx mate.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:18 AM   #2
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: Prometheus i got a Question.

good nutrition, time, and patience. You are young so it will heal, and probably pretty fast too. Dermatologists could help you out if you want to get rid of them faster, with enzyme peels or chemical peels or various exfoliating agents. I know of some things but they are too obscure to be practical

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

prometheus, do you think dietary changes can ever improve enlarged pores? Will they shrink down to size on your diet? Cheers.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:34 AM   #4
Inactive

prometheus HB User

(I think) pore size is generally regulated by the outside environment. I mean, diet and topicals can only do so much. Yes if your body is relying on pores to eliminate toxins or producing excess oil they will be larger than they need to be, and diet can help this. Avoiding toxins, and supporting the liver and eliminatory system, supporting skin nutrients, and consuming healthy fats etc will help a lot

Old 01-23-2004, 10:04 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
(I think) pore size is generally regulated by the outside environment. I mean, diet and topicals can only do so much. Yes if your body is relying on pores to eliminate toxins or producing excess oil they will be larger than they need to be, and diet can help this. Avoiding toxins, and supporting the liver and eliminatory system, supporting skin nutrients, and consuming healthy fats etc will help a lot
hmm, is there any sort of list u can give me of foods with good nutrition in for my skin, i allready eat lots of apples, and nectarines and notice alot of any inflammation and scars have become less noticable in the morning, anyway u got any more advice?(im buying an exfoliation scrub tommorow, a tea tree and witch hazel one) so if anyone that should help my skin, but im glad im just acne free now

Old 01-23-2004, 10:16 AM   #6
Inactive

prometheus HB User

yes root vegetables, garlic, kale, spinach (spinach and grapefruit is a good combo for nutrition), collard greens, herbs, spices, seafood (choose less contaminated seafood like sardines or wild alaskan salmon), squash, and any vegetables really

Last edited by prometheus; 01-23-2004 at 10:16 AM.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
yes root vegetables, garlic, kale, spinach (spinach and grapefruit is a good combo for nutrition), collard greens, herbs, spices, seafood (choose less contaminated seafood like sardines or wild alaskan salmon), squash, and any vegetables really
i don't like Fish.

Old 01-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #8
Inactive

prometheus HB User

then don't eat it

Closed Thread