It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #1

cookiemonster123 HB User
Exclamation Breaking out before Period?

I always break out about a week before my period, which I know is normal for girls.. but is there anything I could take or do to help make this time a "less breakout" period for me? Thx a lot for any suggestions!

Old 01-22-2004, 05:49 PM   #2

annonymousgirl HB User
Re: Breaking out before Period?

Oh lordy.. I can totally relate to ya! And I'm still trying to figure this one out myself...lol... What I do, is I just make sure to wash my face really good, and I use those Biore Nose Strips that pull of blackheads, cause those usually start pimples.. Anways, I use those and I clean myface alot and it usually helps some...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 09:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Just try and make sure you wash your face twice daily (never leave make up on). Maybe take other precautions like changing your pillow case more often and try not to eat a lot of junk food since I know that's what I crave. Use warm compresses on any painful pimples to try and open the pores and heal them faster and then put some benzoyl peroxide on them. I use Clean and Clear's persagel BP 10% and it works great for spot treatment. Maybe try using a mask also. The aspirin mask that people have been raving about on this board is amazing and takes out any redness and swelling very well! I'm not sure what prescriptions you are on exactly but I know that 50 mg of spiro daily has made me perfectly clear with the occasional pimple that goes away with some BP. It is a drug sometimes used for hormonal acne since it is anti-androgenic. Maybe look into that if you really feel your acne is hormonal.

Old 03-09-2004, 02:55 AM   #4

Memnoch636 HB User

Well I'm a guy so i don't know if this works. I came accros an obscure study done back in 1974 involving giving 106 women Vitamin B6 for acne. In 72% of the women it did help with acne. B6 has also been shown to help with cramps and duration of PMS. B6 won't work right away, but is gradual. 50mg daily for a few months would be an acceptible dose, however don't go above 200mg because you could get unwanted side effects.
Do some research on the topic. Who knows.

Closed Thread