It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2003, 06:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Question Cetaphil in Bar Form-I want Suds and Bubbles!

My derm recommends the Cetaphil for Oily Skin and I use it in the morning in the shower when I have no make up on. It is working fairly. Mind you this is more sudsing than the regular Cetaphil, therefore better at removing make up. So, what about the Bar form of Cetaphil for Oily Skin? I know bar soap is not a favorite here, but perhaps it will give me the sudsing I am looking for at night. Anyone try the bar form and don't beat me up for asking!

Old 03-15-2003, 09:25 PM   #2

cholo HB User
Talking

hi deedeewith3 I used the cetaphil soap and it dries out my face alot I didn't think it was more gentle then the gentle cleanser now the soap does sud and the cleanser doesn't there is also a combination skin cleanser and moisturzer it all depends on how your skin is if it's really oily or sensitive where it dries up after you wash your face I would say try the soap and if you don't like it try the combination skin cleanser it does sud up some either way none of these products caused my face to breakout.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2003, 01:20 PM   #3

Pandabaire HB User
I was told by my dermo to use Purpose, but I thought it sucked!! I read something in a magazine about acne that recommened Cetaphil soap - but that you should only use the bar soap kind in the blue box. The facial cleanser in the pump contains stuff that can irritate the skin (at least that's what the mag said). I am quite happy with Cetaphil bar soap, and I find that I can get quite a soapy lather with it when I wash!

Old 03-16-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Smile

I have to tell you that I tried the bar soap Cetaphil and it DOES give the suds, lather and "clean" feeling after a long day in make up. I will continue to use the Cetaphil for oily skin in the pump in the shower in the morning, but the bar at night.
As far as mildness goes, if you check the website on the FAQ's section, they do say that the bar soap is NOT as mild as their pump version. I think my face can handle the once a day bar use in the evening for a "good for your skin" clean. Wow, I sound like a commercial, but I really did like the feeling, but then again, I'm a sudsy-liking kinda girl.

Closed Thread