It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

SMT12483 HB User
tazorac question..

I have been using tazorac .5% cream for two weeks now three nights a week, because I wanted to ease my skin into the cream. I feel like I want to start using it more nights so it can really start to kick in. Would those you have used tazorac before give me advice on whether they think I should just add one more night or two more or just start doing it every night? I have had no side effects really yet. Thanks.

Steph

Old 01-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User
Re: tazorac question..

When I first started using Tazorac, my dermatologist told me to use it every other night until my skin got used to it, and then use it every night. I started off using it every night because I was eager to get rid of the acne. For a while, my skin looked sunburned... then about 2 weeks later it stopped, and my acne got a LOT better. I LOVE Tazorac

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 12:10 AM   #3

LuckyStar1 HB User
Re: tazorac question..

My derm recommends that I apply Tazorac everynight but only leave it on for about 3--5 mintues. (When I first began I left it on for only one minute and then slowly added more minutes as the days went by).
At first I peeled and it did burn a little bit. But it wasn't anything I couldnt handle and the results have been great. Those stubborn blackheads I had on my forehead are almost completely gone!
SMT: if you think you can handle adding another night in, then go for it Since your skin isn't irritated by Taz I think it would be ok for you to add another night or even go every other night. But if your skin starts to burn then maybe you could skip a night... just ease yourself into it (as you are doing ) to see what works best for you! Or ask your derm what he/she recommends for you!Good luck!

Closed Thread