It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 02:11 PM   #1

riverdancer HB User
Yonka products

My mother made appointment to see an esthetician for a facial. The esthetician suggested i use a lin a products named Yonka. Have any of you heard of them??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #2

Boozer HB User
Re: Yonka products

I have heard of them but never tried them. There is a girl that suggested them to me. I was actually just checking out them out a couple of minutes ago. She recommended the cleansor and toner. Since there are so many, I just wrote her to ask if she could specify the ones she uses.

I think many beauticians must recommend Zonka products because this girl was getting a glycolic peel once a week for six weeks.

I would love to hear feedback from others as well. The products are a little pricey, but if they work then I would buy them in a second.

Thanks!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-24-2004 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Brand names are allowed, websites are not. Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #3

riverdancer HB User

if you find out exactly what she used, please tell me!! yonka, which is part of the la mer line, also has a mineral powder called bare escentuals and whoever has used it , recommends it...so i guess it might be a good sign for the line that "treats" the acne...i hope!

Old 01-23-2004, 09:39 PM   #4

Aurora M. HB User

Actually, Bare Escentuals is a company all of it's own that sells their mineral makeup "Bare Minerals" which is very good for acne prone skin since it has no chemicals. I'm assuming the Essential Day Spa (the only place I've been able to find to look at Yonka) sells the Bare Escentuals products because it's fairly good for the skin.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-24-2004 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Brand names are allowed, websites are not. Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Old 01-24-2004, 04:34 PM   #5

riverdancer HB User

sorry! you're right, i assumed they were all yonka products....does anyone have any info on yonka PLEASE!!!!!!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-24-2004 at 07:57 PM.

Old 01-24-2004, 07:49 PM   #6

Laurenmarie179 HB User

My Estheatician (sp?) at the spa I go to recommended Yonka and said it turned her moderate acne/very oily skin around (Its flawless now). I got one facial using yonka products--lovedddd it (could not afford more) and bought the creme 93 moisturizer for combo to oily skin--the best moisturizer ive ever purchased. Epicuren (spelled "Epecurean" also) is another spa line rated extremely well and that my other friend, also an estheatician, says is the best she has used. yonka and epicuren are very pricy, but SO worth it.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-24-2004 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Brand names are allowed, websites are not. Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Old 01-25-2004, 07:43 AM   #7

riverdancer HB User

that sounds great! my skin is probably a little worse than moderate, do you think it'll still help me? i mean, i don't have any cysts, just many balckheads and tiny bumps covering my forehead. did it clear your skin completely?

Old 02-10-2004, 11:40 AM   #8

Boozer HB User

I am still thinking about buying Yonka products, but do not know which ones to get. Has anyone used them?

Old 02-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #9

bertfatboy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozer
I am still thinking about buying Yonka products, but do not know which ones to get. Has anyone used them?
Hello...I have used Yonka products and LOVE IT...don't like the price but when I thought about it and the little amount I use and how far the product last I decided it is well worth it. That is the only product used where I go for my facials. Yonka has a web site so you can also check it out.
I use the Fruitelia Moistureizer for dry to sesitive skin, the Gommage 303 Soft Clarifying Gel Peel for Normal to Oily Skin (I'm 41 & have combination skin)
and the Phyto-Contour Puffness eye cream. The product also has a very nice scent to it. The Gel Peel can be used once to three times a week and if you get a mild face buff when you apply the Peel leave on for 15 min and I buff off the dead skin cells and your face is glowing. I don't use the cleasner cause I really like my good old Ponds Cold Cream and won't give it up.
Hope this helps!

Old 02-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #10

Anita1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenmarie179
My Estheatician (sp?) at the spa I go to recommended Yonka and said it turned her moderate acne/very oily skin around (Its flawless now). I got one facial using yonka products--lovedddd it (could not afford more) and bought the creme 93 moisturizer for combo to oily skin--the best moisturizer ive ever purchased. Epicuren (spelled "Epecurean" also) is another spa line rated extremely well and that my other friend, also an estheatician, says is the best she has used. yonka and epicuren are very pricy, but SO worth it.
Hi,
Well, did your esthetician have discoloration too?? And how did the yonka products help her skin?? What products did she use? I have very oily skin, moderate acne and red marks left over from acne. Do you by any chance know which products I should get?? I mean, I have used so many pricy products, but if these work, I definitely would like to give it a try.
Thank you.
Anita

Old 02-15-2004, 05:27 PM   #11

Laurenmarie179 HB User

I actually do not know the specifics of the products she used because they were SO expenisve I could only afford the one moisturizer. she had severe, deep acne previously, and when i saw her, she had some indent scars but no redness, no breakout (she didnt wear makeup). I personally use MD forte glycolic products along w/ DDF benzoyl peroxide 5%, and yasmin and have gotten great results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita1982
Hi,
Well, did your esthetician have discoloration too?? And how did the yonka products help her skin?? What products did she use? I have very oily skin, moderate acne and red marks left over from acne. Do you by any chance know which products I should get?? I mean, I have used so many pricy products, but if these work, I definitely would like to give it a try.
Thank you.
Anita

Old 02-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #12

Anita1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenmarie179
I actually do not know the specifics of the products she used because they were SO expenisve I could only afford the one moisturizer. she had severe, deep acne previously, and when i saw her, she had some indent scars but no redness, no breakout (she didnt wear makeup). I personally use MD forte glycolic products along w/ DDF benzoyl peroxide 5%, and yasmin and have gotten great results.
Laurenmarie179,
Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. Well, I also wanted to ask you what is Yasmin?? Is that some type of birth control pills or something?? Well, I am seeing my gynecologist this Wednesday, and I have never been on birth control pills before, and now I am considering about it, but too scared to try because of its side effects. Did you have any serious side effects or anything? How was your acne before and how is it now, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks
Anita

Old 02-15-2004, 08:02 PM   #13

Laurenmarie179 HB User

Anita,
I had tried about everything for my moderate acne before. i had breakouts on my face and back w/ the occasional cystic, along w/ very oily skin and hair. prescriptions worked for a short time but my skin eventually got worse (common w/ antibiotics you take orally).

It was on this board i heard about Yasmin, the birth control pill. i was skeptical at first, because like you, I have never been on the pill, but at the point i had gotten to the doctors had basically thrown their hands up in the air and said nothing but accutane would help. Yasmin was my last resort. it is for sure not a quick fix, but it seems to be so successful if you can wait it out. skin clears in people from as soon as one month to 5 months. I am on my 9th week and my face is just now starting to clear, its about 75% clear, but my back acne cleared 95% right away and my skin/hair got less oily overnight--i love that part!. It is common the first month or so to get a mild initial breakout. nothing major and worth it. I was also nausous slightly the first couple weeks. It has enlarged my breasts slightly from barely an A cup to a full A, almost B and Ive lost a few pounds as well. i have chosen to take the pill continuously, skipping the white/placebo pills where youd typically get your period, and so ive had NO PERIOD while on yasmin either (This can be done w/ many birht control pills). now at the two month mark, i have zero bad side effects. i basically love this pill and my skin is getting better and better everyday. i had my rough moments where id post on the board saying that it was not working or i was breaking out more--but read about others on this board and tthe success--w/ patience it seems to work for SO many. i also was able to talk my Dr into prescribing Spiro (also called aldactone) which also works w/ great success for many. i'm on 25mg of that and kinda wish i was on more but I need to talk my dr into that---drs arent really used to prpescribing spiro for acne since it is not widely used for that purpose. i just startted using Azelex this week too--a topical prescrption, so we'll see if that makes my skin even better.

So yes, I'd highly recommend yasmin. just dont expect a quick fix and be patient. it can take your boody time to adjust to the pill--it could be what really helps you. good luck!

Quote:
Laurenmarie179,
Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. Well, I also wanted to ask you what is Yasmin?? Is that some type of birth control pills or something?? Well, I am seeing my gynecologist this Wednesday, and I have never been on birth control pills before, and now I am considering about it, but too scared to try because of its side effects. Did you have any serious side effects or anything? How was your acne before and how is it now, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks
Anita

Old 02-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #14

Laurenmarie179 HB User

P.S --
I read on one of our other posts too about not being sexuallly active. I'm not sexually active either and my regular Dr still prescribed the pill for me. it is also GREAT for regulating the period (give it a few months), and research shows the pill can lower your risk for certain cancers, so, i say go for it. yasmin seems to work for so many, and if for some reason you try it a few months and dont like (I think you should give it 3 months--which i s how long it takes for bodyy to adjust) you can always try another pil, like ortho-tricyclen--which is marketed for acne but i hear not as effective (so try yasmin first)

Quote:
Laurenmarie179,
Anita

Old 02-16-2004, 09:41 AM   #15

lola76 HB User

Hi,
Re: Yonka
I have used them for years, the Creme 15, and the Toner for oily to normal skin. The Gommage also... To be honest, I really love the way the smell and feel on my skin, but a new esticitian recently told me (new because i am in a new city) that the reason these products are so popular is because in esteitician schools they are pushed and these are the products they are taught with. She said just because they smell pretty and such, doesnt mean they work very well. She asked me if i was happy with them and noticed real changes when i used them....to be honest, i said no... she of course had her line, a spanish lable as high end as yonka, and said it was more suitable for my acne prone skin type.
i still use some yonka, but i think what this derma said made sense.

Closed Thread