It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
(male)

449271 HB User
Post vitamin C cream/serum

does it help to fade red marks quickly?1-2 mth?

Old 01-24-2004, 12:02 AM   #2

LuckyStar1 HB User
Re: vitamin C cream/serum

I have been using vitamin c cream for about a little over a month... i have noticed that my red marks have lessened but it isn't drastic and by no means was it quick. however, I have noticed great improvement in indented scars on my cheecks. they have "filled in" and I am estatic with the improvement.
to reduce the "red scars" on my face I am undergoing V-beam laser treatments which has done wonders for me! ( i have only had 2 treatments ) and after seeing the before and after pictures of myself, I was in awe with the results.
i believe the vitamin c cream/gel will take time to heal the scars, but they will heal since the vitmain c inhances cell growth. wish you the best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 03:00 AM   #3
(male)

449271 HB User

does consuming vit c tablets have the same effect as applying it on face?

Old 01-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #4

LuckyStar1 HB User

I'm not too sure about that 449271. I'll ask my derm about that. But I think applying the vitamin C directly to your face would be more sufficient since it going "right to the problem". I take Vitamin C (tablets) when I am ill and they do in fact help be get better sooner. As far as helping acne scars, I have not too sure.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
(male)

449271 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStar1
I'm not too sure about that 449271. I'll ask my derm about that. But I think applying the vitamin C directly to your face would be more sufficient since it going "right to the problem". I take Vitamin C (tablets) when I am ill and they do in fact help be get better sooner. As far as helping acne scars, I have not too sure.

ok thanx.have u tried vit e cream?

Old 01-26-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
(female)

brandini HB User

I take 1000 mg and some days if I feel like it 2000mg of chewable Vitamin C and I have to say it definitly has made my red spots fade quicker.

Old 01-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #7
(male)

rpav HB User

Actually, just recently, I started using Vitamin C cystals which is a powder form of Vit-C. I mix it with a little water to make a paste and let it dry for 20 minutes and wash off. I bought a 8 oz bottle for $10 at GNC and am sure you can get it at any health supplement place (I live in a smaller city so GNC is the only place here).

It's said that the top places (plastic surgeons, spas or whatever) use Vitamin C crystals in their formulas to help treat the skin topically. Going to some places online to buy cremes, the most expensive ones usually contain Vit-C crystals as their biggest ingrediant, costing as much as $70 for a small jar.

I haven't been using it long enough (only 2 weeks at twice a week), but right after you wash off, you get that smoother sensation all over the face, and unlike the aspirin mask, this is safer and healthier as far as the long run in how your skin absorbs the stuff.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:51 PM   #8

ronlee HB User

I have been using a good brand of vitamin C serum (L-ascorbic acid) a while now and I have noticed improvement of skin texture and red scars. L-ascorbic acid is the only form of vitamin C the body can use. However it can be a bit drying to the skin for some individuals so its recommended that an oil free hydrating gel which contains hyalouronic acid (ur skin's natural moisturizer which attracts more than 1000 times its own weight in water). Taking tablets is not enough for antioxidation and collagen stimulation purposes because it has been proven that your body can only store maximum of 1200mg a day and only 9% can go to the skin.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #9
(female)

Susannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 449271
does consuming vit c tablets have the same effect as applying it on face?
It helped me a lot. You can take big doses of vitamin c, since it's water soluble and your body easily gets rid of it. Anyway, I take about 4 or 5 grams per day (this was mostly just to help b/c I was sick), but I noticed that my face wasn't as red, so I kept it up. It definitely helped. I added 300 mg of Co-Enzyme Q10 per day to my regimen, and that helped even more. Even a burn scar I had has started fading quickly.

Closed Thread