It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2003, 11:34 PM   #1

KuJo HB User
Exclamation Generic Accutane PLEASE HELP ME

I am on my thirty-third day of accutane, well technically i am on the generic brand called AMNESTEEM... and i was just wondering if anyone here has taken amnesteem instead of accutane and did it work for you? Because i took the "real" accutane the first month and was really dry but the second month i got the generic brand and now im not dry at all and havent seen any real improvement so i was just wondering if you all thought i should ask to be put on the real accutane or stay on the generic...thank you so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #2
Veteran

Testament HB User
Well, I dont have any experience with accutane but i have talked with many people who have. Most people dont see improvement until 3 or 4 months int otheir treatment. I have only recently heard of Amnesteen so i cannot make a recommendation wether you should go back to regular accutane, but i dont think anyone can. If you are going to ride it out... remember its not uncommon to see no results until month 4.

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2003, 10:19 AM   #3
Veteran

laur HB User
My derm said that the amnesteen is the same as active....and will work the same. It is produced by a reputable company and has the same active ingredients. Only some of the inactive ingredients are different. Ask at the pharmacy or call your derm. It may just be that you aren't showing any improvement yet. I went through accutane dryness and then periods of my skin seeming ok again. Also, you may want to (if you already haven't ) to increase your liquid intake to minimize the drying effects. You will eventually reap the "benefits" of dry lips and dry skin from this...the water will help.

L

Old 03-15-2003, 10:48 AM   #4

Sparkle0036 HB User
i'm taking amnesteem, its working fine. maybe your body just got used to the ingredient and isn't as dry anymore. who knows

Old 03-15-2003, 11:25 AM   #5

KuJo HB User
thank you all so much for replying... SPARKLE0036 i just wanted to ask you a few questions! how long have you been taking amnesteem and how clear are you? oh and also what type of acne did you have when you went on the drug...and also when did you start seeing results? sorry for all of the questions haha! i know results are different for everyone but im still interested in hearing about your experience so far, and anyone else who would like to share...please keep replying! thanks so much

Old 03-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #6

KuJo HB User
anyone?

Old 03-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #7

KuJo HB User
doesnt anyone know about the generic brand?

Old 03-16-2003, 07:46 PM   #8

NoDoubtJess HB User
I am taking Amnesteem, also. I started to see results about three weeks on. I am on week 6 now. I had a slight breakout this past week. But my skin is overall better than it was before. Less oily and not as red. My hair is less oily, too. I love it. My lips are driving me crazy, though.

Closed Thread