It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

cici89 HB User
best moisturizer

what is the best OIL FREE moisturizer that will get rid of flakes/dryness? thanks!

Old 01-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #2

lisam21 HB User
Re: best moisturizer

Proactiv's oil-free lotion that also contains sunscreen
Love it.. even use it right after applying BP lotion and helps control dryness. Price is not cheap by any means but it's the only lotion I have found for me that does not make me more oily and does not break me out more. I can't say that it's the best for everyone, but it is the best for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

cici89 HB User

thanks for the suggestion but proactiv while controlling my breakouts ruined the texture of my skin! it got oilier, flakier and it was so expensive!
i think im going to go with kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repairateur - it says it gets rid of flaking and dryness and it got awesome reviews
has anyone tried this product before?

Old 01-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #4

Ash16 HB User

i never tried it myself... but i will share some GREAT oil-free moisturizers that i have previously used. I used Clean & Clear Dual Action moisturizer for a lil while and it was INCREDIBLE! I loved the clean smell and it also helped keep my breakouts at bay. It also felt nice and cool on ur face. This one really isn't a moisturizer but it's probably my 2nd favorite thing i have ever used after washing. It's Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment. It not only moisturizes your skin... it leaves your skin shine free for hours... and helps clear those nasty purple-red acne scars! I can tell you that it really does help with those scars. But my favorite thing i use to moisturize with is my Stridex Fruit Therapy. OMG! It doesn't smell bad... keeps my skin nice and soft... and doesn't cause my skin to get all oily or breakout. Which is surprising because i have VERY oily skin! So give it a shot! It's pretty cheap too! I wouldn't be able to live w/out it! And i use it 2 times a day after washing with pHisoderm Clear Confidence (both are salicylic acid) and it still lasts me atleast 2 months! I hope this helped!

Old 01-25-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Recently i've researched on the internet, including these message boards and have finally found an excellent moisturizer: jojoba oil. "But i asked for oil free", you might say. Technically, jojoba oil is a liquidy wax, but someone can get more into that later. I'm serious, this stuff is great. I only started using it earlier this week, but already my skin is better. It's very moisturizing and helps clear out the pores. Oh, by the way, i have SENSITIVE, very dry, acne-prone skin, so something noncomedogenic and gentle is essential for me. Look in the "Skin Problems" forum and use the search function for entries containing the word "jojoba". An informative one is called "Will Jojoba oil or Vitamin E oil clog pores?". Look for posts in there written by Marti--she knows her stuff.

Last edited by surrealmeal; 01-25-2004 at 12:19 PM.

Old 01-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #6

lisam21 HB User

cici89, I was not talking about the complete Proactiv line, just the oil-free moisturizer that has nothing to do with helping acne.. it's just a moisturizer, plain and simple. I do not use the Proactiv line anymore as it made my face red, flaky, dry and painful and seemed to make my acne worse. The oil-free moisturizer, however, is great for me. It does not have acne-containing products in it, in fact it does not help fight acne at all.. it's just a simple moisturizer.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:13 PM   #7
(female)

cici89 HB User

o i c...sounds good. yaa proactiv was not good!!! lol but that sounds like a good moisturizer.. and i plan on giving all those a shot!! thanks for all your advice!!!

do those of you who have acne/prone skin always use oil free moisturizers? because its hard to find moisturizers that specifically say OIL FREE and i was wondering if it really makes a difference

Closed Thread