It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User
Tinted moisturizer

Hey,
Just wanted to let you all know of a great tint, NOT foundation. It is by Revlon and it's called skinlights diffusing tint. It's completley oil free and feels very very light. I just mix a little with Clean & Clear's Dual Action moisturizer in the morning and it makes my skin look amazing. It has little particles in it that diffuse the light and the appearance of any blemishes and really makes your skin glow. I do have to say though that I have waited to use any sort of tint on my face until I have been consistently clear with an occasional normal pimple. So far the skinlights has not aggravated my skin at all but looks like it has helped my complexion. Just wanted to share this in case anyone was interested in buying one. By the way, you can just buy it at Wal-Mart, I think it might be around $8. Have a great night!

Old 01-27-2004, 12:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User
Re: Tinted moisturizer

I always thought about trying this but was so disappointed by other lighteners. What color do you like? So, it gives a nice glow?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Yes, it gives a real nice glow! Why have you been disappointed with other tinted moisturizers?? Do they make you break out or you don't like the way they feel or what? I have never tried another one before this one. I would normally just use a tiny bit of Lancome foundation with my moisturizer on nights I was going out or doing something important. I now wear the skinlights every day and it really just makes your skin glow and doesn't look like you are wearing lots of make up or anything. I use the "nude" color which is the 3rd from light to dark. It is actually a little darker than my skin color but since it is so sheer it looks perfect and adds a tiny bit of color to my fair skin! Hope this helps a little.

Old 01-27-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
(female)

cici89 HB User

try stila sheer color its like $35 but totally worth the $$ i got it free, but im SPECIAL hehe

Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #5
(female)

sassykitten74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by latayy26
Hey,
Just wanted to let you all know of a great tint, NOT foundation. It is by Revlon and it's called skinlights diffusing tint. It's completley oil free and feels very very light. I just mix a little with Clean & Clear's Dual Action moisturizer in the morning and it makes my skin look amazing. It has little particles in it that diffuse the light and the appearance of any blemishes and really makes your skin glow. I do have to say though that I have waited to use any sort of tint on my face until I have been consistently clear with an occasional normal pimple. So far the skinlights has not aggravated my skin at all but looks like it has helped my complexion. Just wanted to share this in case anyone was interested in buying one. By the way, you can just buy it at Wal-Mart, I think it might be around $8. Have a great night!
thanks I used to love olay's tinted moisturizer-but it made me break out. Of course I realized this right after buying a 2nd bottle of the stuff.

Old 01-28-2004, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

I was just disappointed because I never got the GLOW they refer to. I am searching for that dewy look. Not so matte and blah but healthy glow..

Old 01-28-2004, 11:56 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

Ok, I bought this and really like it! Thanks. Can I ask...why do you mix it with your moisterizer? I might try that. also-have you tried any of the other Skinlight products they have? I saw they has a few more things. I got mine at Walgreens and it was 11.99!!! LOL! I got the 2nd to lightest color. I am very pale.

Old 01-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Good, I'm glad you like it so far! I don't really know why I mix it with my moisturizer. I guess just because it makes it really really easy to spread all around and soak in. And even though it is not thick, I don't really like to use that much so using it with my moisturizer makes it a little more sheer. I might try using it without the moisturizer soon though and see what I think. I put my clean and clear dual action moisturizer on anyways in the morning so I figured why not just mix them together. Also, I have not tried any other of their skinlights products but I would be very willing to with the results from the tint! Let me know if you ever do and how they look!

Last edited by latayy26; 01-29-2004 at 06:58 PM.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

I also just picked up the clean and clear moisterizer. I was looking for a cheap one and that was the cheapest. I usually use a $35 moisterizer but I am broke. So, could you tell me if you like this moisterizer? I saw it was for pimples so does it dry your skin out? Thanks.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

I really like the moisturizer. I use a lot of it at a time and let it soak into my skin. It has made me a tiny bit dry a few times but not like big flakes or anything real noticeable. It has definitely helped decrease the frequency of any pimples I might get.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

I used the lotion and it gave a nice tingle. LOL. Do you get that? I really hope it doesn't make my face dry because i am dry normally and live in a very dry climate.

Old 01-30-2004, 05:21 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Yeah the lotion tingles, I love it. I would try not using it all the time and then gradually using more just in case it makes you a little dry. Or if you do start to get somewhat dry then just cut back on the amount you use. Are you on any topical prescription???

Old 01-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

No, I'm not on any topical prescriptions. Do you use an eye cream? I'm looking for a cheap one too.

Old 01-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

No, I dont use one. I guess I haven't really looked into it to find out which ones are good. I was just at Wal Mart again today and I saw the skinlights moisturizer spf 15 in the pinkish tubes and I was so tempted to buy it!!! I didn't thought because it was $11 and I had way too much stuff in my cart already!

Closed Thread