It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #1

Hopscotchoncrak HB User
Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Hi... I was wondering.. has ANYONE gotton good results from Ortho Tri-Cyclen? I was thinking about getting on it. I'm 14. I've had pimples since 4th grade.. which sucked.. since virtually NO ONE (but me) had zits at that age. Now it's getting worse, I have alot on my cheeks and forehead. I was thinking Ortho Tri-Cyclen would work for me because it is suppose to control hormones, but I dunno..

Old 01-26-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Inactive

Jenna22 HB User
Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopscotchoncrak
Hi... I was wondering.. has ANYONE gotton good results from Ortho Tri-Cyclen? I was thinking about getting on it. I'm 14. I've had pimples since 4th grade.. which sucked.. since virtually NO ONE (but me) had zits at that age. Now it's getting worse, I have alot on my cheeks and forehead. I was thinking Ortho Tri-Cyclen would work for me because it is suppose to control hormones, but I dunno..
I had bad acne since i was a teenager.From the age 12-21 and i went on Accutane and had to take birthcontrol the ortho-tri-cyclen.I stopped accutane,it was drying my skin out pretty bad and my skin is still flaky and it's been almost 2 years.I was on accutane treatment for about a year and it did help.But i stayed on the ortho and that changed my skin.Taking the birthcontrol does help for breakouts.I've never gained weight or had mood swings.But go to your Gynocologist doctor and she/he can tell you about different types of pills and everyone is different.It works for me but it might will not work for you.Find out and let me know.I heard the pill called Yasmine is good.Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #3

Hopscotchoncrak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna22
I had bad acne since i was a teenager.From the age 12-21 and i went on Accutane and had to take birthcontrol the ortho-tri-cyclen.I stopped accutane,it was drying my skin out pretty bad and my skin is still flaky and it's been almost 2 years.I was on accutane treatment for about a year and it did help.But i stayed on the ortho and that changed my skin.Taking the birthcontrol does help for breakouts.I've never gained weight or had mood swings.But go to your Gynocologist doctor and she/he can tell you about different types of pills and everyone is different.It works for me but it might will not work for you.Find out and let me know.I heard the pill called Yasmine is good.Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the advice <3 I'll let you know what works for me over time.. if anything

Old 01-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

Genn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopscotchoncrak
Thank you for the advice <3 I'll let you know what works for me over time.. if anything
I took OTC for about 2 years... It really seemed to aggrivate my acne though. I talked to my Dr. about it, and she switched me to OTC-Lo because she thought maybe the OTC was too strong for me and was causing hormonal breakouts. It has been 4 months, and I think this is better, for me, anyway!

Good Luck!

Old 01-27-2004, 04:38 PM   #5

chicadee HB User

I've been on it for 4.5 months, it has improved my skin, i would say about 70%. But, of course, that's not good enough for me...i was hoping for 100%!

I was wondering, anyone out there that took it, did it get rid of their acne entirely???? or just some???? and how many months on it did it take before significant results happened???????

Thank u for responding.

Old 01-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User
Thumbs up Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicadee
I've been on it for 4.5 months, it has improved my skin, i would say about 70%. But, of course, that's not good enough for me...i was hoping for 100%!

I was wondering, anyone out there that took it, did it get rid of their acne entirely???? or just some???? and how many months on it did it take before significant results happened???????

Thank u for responding.
Hey chicadee, i'm not on OTC, but i have used another birth control pill to help my acne. 4.5 months still might be too early to tell if its going to help you 100%, no matter what birth control pill you use. Everyone differs so maybe you just need to give it some more time.

Last edited by surrealmeal; 01-27-2004 at 04:49 PM.

Old 01-27-2004, 04:56 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

OTC didn't work for me (my skin). Yasmin has worked amazingly.

Closed Thread