It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #1

forestofoctober HB User
hot face/neck, stress or skin related?

every day my skin feels, hot, irritated, red, blotchy, and its hard to sleep at night, and i dunno what it is....its like having hot coals underneath my skin, and makes it very oily looking, and makes it BREAKOUT, its like im doomed with this, i dunno how to get rid of it, breathing techniques haven't worked for me, and im LOST, i dunno who to see about this at all. i tend to feel it the most in my neck, and thats where i get most of my breakouts, SUCKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2004, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran

Neca HB User
Re: hot face/neck, stress or skin related?

Hi Forest,

I think I sometimes experience the same problem to you but not as intense. Does any of the following sound familiar to you:

When I get nervous/stressed my face sometimes flushes and I can feel the blood running to my head. Seconds later I will experience temporary 'Stress-related Urticaria' where parts of my skin will turn red, developing blemishes that can last anything from 10 seconds to 30mins. These blemishes strangely enough almost always occur in the exact same places on my face: my chin area and around the jawline. I also feel my heart-rate increase quite rapidly and this occurs when I am just sitting still. When I exercise I don't suffer from any of this, my face may turn a little red which is what naturally happens with everyone but it never gets patches/blemishes of redness.

It's so annoying and embarrassing especially when you are in a crowded area. I noticed that when I am in a stuffy environment/area, it seems to make the problem worse and I will immediately suffer a reaction. It is so embarrassing if I have to speak infront of alot of people and if I get nervous, having blemishes just looks so strange. Everyone looks making the whole damn problem worse. It can even happen when I bend down to pick something up, I just feel this sudden rush of blood again to my face (but it always occurs with high heart rate)

Now on to why we experience this strange reaction...well I think it may have something to do with the amount of times I steam my face. I have steamed my face for at least 6 years now (obviously not everyday but at least a few times per month) to help treatment my acne. I am thinking that this consistent opening and closing of the pores on my face is probably not doing my skin much good. The blood is constantly rushing up towards the surface and away again in such a short period of time. Maybe I have permanently enlarged my blood vessels around this area because of this??! I'm not sure.

Well I haven't steamed my face for the past month and I have experienced only a few 'break-outs' of this type. I still suffer from them but not as much. I really don't know if the steaming and reactions have any correlation, I'm just suggesting. I do, however, think it is definitely stress related which is worsened by my acne that gets me pretty depressed sometimes. So everything just combines together to cause these reactions.

I'm not sure how much relates to what you experience but it does seem to some extent that we have the same TYPE of problem. How long have you suffered from this condition? When does it occur and where mainly? Are your symptoms the same as mine? Are you allergic to anything? Have you been through a stressful period recently? What methods have you tried to stop the reactions? Have you seen a doctor about this? I haven't as I am sure they are likely to just treat me the same as an acne patient saying "Oh well this isn't life threatening so just deal with it, here take this lame tablets...they won't work....but at least you will THINK they are working."

Hope at least some of my account helps to identify your condition and we find some way to treat this annoying thing.

Oh by the way, have you tried using ice-packs or just soaking your face in cold-ish water for some time?

Last edited by Neca; 01-27-2004 at 04:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread