It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

B5 has done the unthinkable, quite remarkable

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Big_Wreck

Big_Wreck HB User
B5 has done the unthinkable, quite remarkable

I used to post on this board and view it fairly regularly the past year. My acne was largely correlated to my level of sexual activity. I used to use a very annoying topical routine, have tried and failed on diets and was never convinced they had anything to do with (MY) acne anyway. I had breakouts pretty much daily from the age of 13 until 2 months ago I am now 26. Nothing could stop them or control them except refraining from any sexual activity. Since I discovered acne boards last february, I have read as much information i could about acne and other peoples experiences. B5 was one i truly doubted. At the time i was taking accutane 80mg. It was doing nothing at all. So I started reading all the diet Hoopla about acne, but none of it applied to my acne, regardless of how much the obsessed dieters tried to convince me they know everything. I Stopped accutane after the 6 months and pretty much accepted I would never be able to control acne to the degree that would make me happy.

Almost humouring myself I ordered B5 powder, I mean what did I have to lose, accutane couldn't even clear me for one day. With little expectation I took 10gms per day and did actually notice some improvement my first month. I felt positive. Unfortunately it became very frustrating as I continued to breakout and doubt I was getting any benefit at all. The next 2 months I noticed no changes or improvement and began feeling silly to continue taking it. My plan was no matter what i was gonna take 10 gms for 5 months. if it didn't work at least I could walk away from it with zero doubts.

So many highs and lows there was taking B5. Month 4 was pretty exciting, I just suddenly started to clear up and no more acne was coming back. What can I say I lowered my dosage a month earlier then expected and have been clear for about 2 months now. I use zero topicals, eat as I always have, and besides taking 5 gms of B5 i do nothing to treat my acne. its really amazing and beyond what i even wished for. I would have been satisfied with less results..lol

Anyone taking B5 or planning to, don't expect a quick fix. It was very frustrating and patience is truly the secret to B5. Like anything else it wont work for everyone, but my opinion is unless you give it 5 months to work, you never gave it enough time. I plan to lower my dosage again at some point but feel great with my treatment as it stands. I don't even wash my face before i go to bed..lol.......I was 13 the last time I could do that. Its also nice to eat food guilt free, these boards put constant paranoid thoughts about food into peoples heads. I don't even think about acne when I eat anymore. I am glad I never listened to those people when i knew it was not "my" cure. YOU are the one who truly knows what causes your acne.

I thought its only fair I give some progress I have had with acne back to the board which has given me such great information and really improved the quality of my daily life. Its only been 2 months being clear but I really have no reason to think the treatment will stop working. The consistency has been great. I have not posted here for a long time because I wanted to make sure I had good results to post.

Goodluck to everyone and hopefully this may help some current and future B5 users to find their cure also.

R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
SkinTastic

SkinTastic HB User
Re: B5 has done the unthinkable, quite remarkable

How do u know if its not going to come back again. You said its like a cycle. One month your clear the next month more zits. Well just keep up inform if any changes occurs to your face again.

Old 01-31-2004, 03:24 AM   #3
Vortex773310
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

i think the duration of B5 and how long it takes to work depends on various things, the severity of your acne, your testosterome levels, etc, your oil production, i noticed improvements within a week, and since being on 1-2g's a day havn't had a single spot(witht he exception of one or two from eating absolute crap)

Old 01-31-2004, 09:24 AM   #4
Big_Wreck

Big_Wreck HB User

No actually. Its not a cycle. I broke out everyday. No matter what. When i am not sexually active i breakout much less. Now I am not breaking out anymore since B5. No matter what I do. I have never been 100% since I was 13. Nothing is ever forsure, but i sure know B5 is working..lol cause nothing else could ever clear me. Goodluck

Last edited by Big_Wreck; 01-31-2004 at 09:29 AM.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
Big_Wreck

Big_Wreck HB User

Vortex the point I was trying to make is if it doesn't work in 2 months that does not mean it wont work. I know its different for different people, but i could have said after 2 months it wasn't working and gave up. It took 4 months for me to get really good results. I am sure for some others patience will be important. I mean its up to the person if they think it wont work thats fine. But some people are probably gonna have to take B5 alot longer then others to see good results thats all. Its just my experience, B5 will work great for some people so its worth a try.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:27 AM   #6
hancho

hancho HB User

it has improved my face dramatically also but only in 1 month
i started taking 2 grams a day, now i'm taking about 4-5 grams a day

Closed Thread