It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2003, 09:29 AM   #1

MiamiBarbie HB User
Post I cannot use make up with the prescription topical BENZACLYN..help!!!

I need to apply at least my wonderful foundation before I go among people (to school), but I've been prescribed benzaclyn in the morning. It creates this dry masque over my face and when I put my foundation on my face...well...I look like wrinkled plastic dool. What's worse, I have to wait for an hour to apply anything over the benzaclyn, but I already have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to school, so I can make it there in time with traffic. AAAAAAAAAAA....what am I going to do? I was on spring break last week, but tomorrow school starts for me again... This is my senior year at the university, so I don't want to leave a discusting impression of me, when I leave...I don't want people to remember me with cysts all over my face....

Old 03-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User
Just start using the Benzamycin at night, instead of the morning...I thought that was what your supposed to be doing anyways...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2003, 09:42 AM   #3

MiamiBarbie HB User
At night I have to use differin, in the morning...benzaclyn and twice a day minocycline. I've been doing it for one week now.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:08 AM   #4

John17 HB User
Dont know if you have tried this yet, but is seems to reduce the dryness effects of benzamycin...

Apply some Jojoba Oil 10 mins before you apply your topical medication...works for me. but i dont wear makeup

Good Luck

Old 03-17-2003, 11:57 AM   #5

cheyanna2 HB User
Call and ask your doctor if its ok to switch and us the differin in the morning and the other at night. I used differin and another topical (can't remember the name) years ago and I was told by derm (a woman) to use the differin in the morning because it was fine to wear under makeup. It's atleast worth asking.

Closed Thread