It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2003, 08:49 AM   #1

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
Smile *LeMoN jUiCe!!!*

Im using lemon juice right now.i put it on my face for about 15 min. than wash it off. is anyone using the lemon juice and did your acne clear up at all?mines getting a little better!byes!

Old 03-15-2003, 08:58 AM   #2

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
oo and if anyone is using it and it did work for you how long did it take to clear or get alot better!?!thanx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2003, 03:43 PM   #3

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
Unhappy

somebody PLEASE answer this!!!grrrrr i need to know before i mess up my face with this stuff!

Old 03-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I wouldn't risk it if I were you.The safest way is to just let time heal the red marks.

Old 03-15-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
Veteran

Testament HB User
Its Lemon Juice, I dont think you are going to mess your face up with it. I used it for a week or so but then I changed regimens... it certainly didnt hurt my face though. I am probably going to try it down the road if im still not happy with my skin.

Best of luck!

Old 03-16-2003, 01:02 PM   #6

rapunzelle HB User
believe it or not... i use lemon and orange peels... bend themm backward to release the oils then rub on a fresh washed face.... this does two things...1. the oils, and juices, are anti bacterial..2. they are natural fruit acids to help exfoliate dead skin and debris....i swear by ORGANICLY GROWN only..... dont put pestcides on your skin!

Old 03-16-2003, 02:06 PM   #7

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
so i shouldnt put lemon juice on my face?!?im confused!! people are tellin me not to and people are tellin me to!!

Old 03-16-2003, 02:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Just use it on a small area to begin with and if after a couple of days you don't get any irritation ,go for it !

Old 03-17-2003, 02:21 AM   #9
(male)

Ric HB User
Hey ppl,

I used the lemon juice regime for roughly three weeks and I wouldn't recommend using this on a daily basis. For the first four days it was great and I had rapid results of clearing the acne. The fifth day my skin become very dry and flakey and I started to notice new spots appearing. I was washing my face with warm water and a few drops of pure lemon juice then I splashed pure lemon juice on my face, left it to dry and I thought this was good. However, when I done some research on 'lemon juice' it states that it works like an exfoliator, it eliminates all dead skin cells and acts as like an acid peel, note I left this on my face all day, not good. So I guess if you want to exfoliate your skin leave it on for roughly 15mins and wash off but do not leave it on as a toner, even diluted. I have combination skin and found that eventually it was stripping my skin of all it's natural oil and generally it looked unhealthy. Since I've stopped using this my skin looks normal again and instead of applying 'Pure Aloe Vera Gel' all over my face every night I only do this twice a week and when I do have spots I leave a thick layer of aloe on the inidividual spots at night and it takes all the redness away. One thing that I'm definately gonna try is 'Lettuce Soap' I've read good things about this stuff and I believe that anything thats natural won't harm your skin and can only be beneficial. My problem is not spots that are currently on my skin, I can generally clear them up, but stopping new ones from appearing. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Later

Old 03-17-2003, 12:50 PM   #10

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
Talking

thanks!!!!

Closed Thread