It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 11:43 AM   #1

Cleorama HB User
diane 35 and weight gain

I've been taking diane 35 for 3 months for acne. I have gained about 8 lbs, which is alot on a 5'2" frame. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, was the weight lost when diane 35 was discontinued? I have a friend who has gained 25 lbs in the last year on diane 35 and I am concerned, especially since my face hasn't got any better yet.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

InfiniteMystery HB User
Re: diane 35 and weight gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleorama
I've been taking diane 35 for 3 months for acne. I have gained about 8 lbs, which is alot on a 5'2" frame. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, was the weight lost when diane 35 was discontinued? I have a friend who has gained 25 lbs in the last year on diane 35 and I am concerned, especially since my face hasn't got any better yet.

From what I understand it can take anywhere from 4-6 months before you see an improvement in your skin. Have patience, you should notice a difference soon.

As for the weight gain - I hope not! I just started taking Diane less than a week ago. Either way, watching your diet and exercise is the surest way to prevent weight gain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #3
(female)

Sable HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleorama
That terrifies me! I am going to start Dianne 35 soon...
I am also 5'2", and whenever I gain a pound, it's totally noticeable! I weigh 100 pounds right now and relatively thin. How much to you weigh?

I don't want to gain excessive weight!

Old 02-17-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
(female)

melaniebb HB User

Hi!
I took Diane-35 for about three years. I gained about 8 lb too, but lost it very quickly after I stopped taking it. I found that my skin broke out a little during the first few weeks of starting the pill, but after a couple of months my skin was pretty much completely clear. However, for some people it does take a little longer for things to improve. I know it's frustrating waiting to see results. Good luck!
mel

Old 09-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #5
(female)

Billi-Gene HB User

I was hoping someone could help me with what to do about the weight gain. I have always eaten healthy and exercised but it doesn't help. Last month I hardly ate much (skipped dinner most nights) and my clothes still feel tighter. It is really depressing as I am quite small and my clothes don't fit properly anymore. I don't want to stop Diane as I have tried that before and within a week my skin starts breaking out again. I also have pigmentation on my cheeks and am now starting to get it on my forehead. I am also experiencing hair thinning. I don't want to stop Diane but I don't know what to do!!

Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
(female)

melaniebb HB User
Smile Re: diane 35 and weight gain

Hi!

I'm so sorry for the extremely delayed reply. I found that I gained about 8 lb or so but I felt okay about the extra weight. I lost this promptly after discontinuing Diane 35 though.

I stopped taking this medication as I wasn't comfortable with being on it long-term due to the slightly increased risk of blood clots, etc.

If you find that you just can't seem to lose the weight while on this medication, and decide you just can't live with this and/or other potential side effects, ...I'll tell you what I am using in case you're interested in trying a different regimen--Spironolactone 100 mg. I am taking this on its own right now, but for a couple of years I took Ortho-Tricyclen along with this and experienced no weight gain whatsoever.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Well just my personal experience I took Alesse for 2 years and gained 25lbs. I am 5'2 as well. I take Yasmin now and I don't know how I feel about it skin wise but no weight gain thank god!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
(female)

lemondrop HB User

I put on about 10 lbs while I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. I'm only 5' and I was so depressed over not fitting into my clothes that once I realized the reason for my weight gain, I swiftly threw the rest of the pills in the garbage. That stuff didn't work for my skin anyway.

Closed Thread