It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Smile Tanning Session Number 1

Well as promised heres a short message to let you guys know that i managed to make it to the tanning shop today for my first tanning session,the reason im doing this is to basically hide my spots and to speed up the healing process of them thus giving me a bit more confidence and a nice tan too.
Ive done this before in the past and ive found its a good temporary measure when you are feeling really low and your skin isnt responding as quickly as you would like it too to whatever treatments you are using.
Plus if you are a guy make up isnt an option so a tan is basically a good cover up while you have it,yes the acne will be still there when the tan fades but as long as it gives me some confidence i dont really care.
Anyway i did 4 minutes today and my skin is fine,not burnt or anything,im currently taking antibiotics and they can make your skin sun sensitive thats why i am being extremley carefull and basically thats why im writing this message,a sort of test incase anyone else is thinking of doing the same.
So tomorrow im heading back there to do another session and i will let you know how i get on,hopefully by the weekend ill have a nice tan and my spots will have dried up a bit and not look so red and noticable,thats the good thing you see,by tanning the areas around the red spots they blend into your skin much more easily making them not as noticable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 02:31 PM   #2

eflower31 HB User
Just to let you know...my derm said to be very careful with sunlight (probably includes tanning salons) because the more light your scars get the darker they will end up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Thanks for your reply,strange isnt it some derms say to avoid sunlight yet a nurse told me that sunlight wud help my acne and reduce the time it took the red spots to fade as the sun speeds up the rate that your skin renews itself

Old 03-12-2003, 03:13 PM   #4

CarSmithUGA1 HB User
Hi!

Tanning always does miracles for my skin. I have been using the tanning bed for about 2 months now, and I look so much better! I love how it evens out my skin tone, and it has really cleared up my T-zone. UVA light can also kill certain types of acne bacteria. I say go for it! BUT REMEMBER, tanning is not a race. Don't try to get dark by the weekend. It is a gradual process.. take it slow and safe.. and trust me you will get much better results!

Old 03-12-2003, 10:19 PM   #5

miss acne HB User
I like to tan too I have a friend that lets me have tanning products at wholsale. If you guys need any products let me know i'll get her to ship it to your cheaper than what you can pay off the internet.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:19 PM   #6

miss acne HB User
I like to tan too I have a friend that lets me have tanning products at wholsale. If you guys need any products let me know i'll get her to ship it to your cheaper than what you can pay off the internet. they have a some good lotion that won't break you either.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
my esthetician who has pale skin and cant tan said that the sun is antobacterial and is very good for acne.

Old 03-13-2003, 11:05 PM   #8

Butterfly_Wings HB User
I love the sun! It makes my skin look so good for a day or so, and then I start to brake out and get red and oily. Plus, the whole skin cancer thing can be a bummer... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 03-14-2003, 07:44 PM   #9

MiamiBarbie HB User
Cool

There might be something to the healing power of the sun, but it also creates more permanent scars, at least for me. However, I have noticed, that before my acne got bad, I was in the sun all the time. Once it did get bad, I don't go on the sun anymore and it is just getting worse and worse. I live in Miami, very hot and sunny...so guess what...tomorrow, I'll go out there for 15 minutes or so...to get some healing done, but not to cause permanent discoloration....

Old 03-14-2003, 09:05 PM   #10

hthrgreene HB User
I have found that the sun tends to help my complexion. When I lived in Florida, I had perfectly clear skin. But even when I would come back to Georiga for a few days, my skin would get bad again. The tanning bed has never really helped me. It's usually only natural sun that does wonders for me.

Old 03-14-2003, 10:08 PM   #11

AlpineX HB User
Ive heard bothsun can be good and bad, IMO the sun is good sure u can have too much off it but overall i think it does improve the skin. My problem is i havent tanned in like 5 months Cause my skin gets dry as hell from washing my face with soap and i dotn want the tan to be uneven. So im looking for soap or something were my skin is not dry cause i want to tan.

Old 03-15-2003, 12:40 PM   #12

JLove112 HB User
i just started tanning again. it clears up left over red marks so fast.

even my derm said that while he doesn't recommend tanning beds, he realizes why i want to go. (for the purpose of having a flawless face) and that tanning eliminates the spots in no time.

i've gone only three days so far and already my confidence level has improved ten fold.

------------------
"now i know that the skin just veils the soul"

Old 03-18-2003, 12:56 PM   #13

Brittany HB User
Cool

I just love tanning though in the place I live I cannot get tan at all. Well usually I use a sun bed and I just want to say that my skin looks great after that. I haven't done that for a while, I think I'll start next month

Old 03-19-2003, 09:44 AM   #14
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
Thumbs down

people wake up and smell the cancer growing! there is an epidemic of skin cancer in this country like never before, because people are tanning more than ever and the sun is stronger because our ozone is depleted. Is looking good now worth cancer and WRINKLES later? ladies, when you are 35 you will regret those trips to the tanning salon. I know a woman i work with who tans all the time and she is 32 and she looks like she is 42 cuz her skin has been dammaged by too much sun. Im not fanatical and I think its nice to go out to the beach in the summer and get a tan but trips to the tanning salon are absolutely out of the question-they are very bad for you......period!

Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #15
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
looking good isnt worth cancer...... I know you are all despaparate to look better and tanning seems an easy solution but it causes permanent , yes permanent! damage to the skin! you must find other methods of clearing your skin.

Closed Thread