It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 07:42 PM   #1

drealuv HB User
Red face BIG HUGE ZIT ON MY NOSE! Won't Go Away! Please Help

Hey all, I know you guys can help me with this one. I have a huge pimple on my nose, I think it might be a cyst, it developed about 4 weeks ago and is still the same, I have been putting BP products on it and nothing seemed to work and about a week ago, I did the unthinkable and I popped it, only it still didin't seem to be getting anybetter and it left a scab so today I peeled the scab off and it took a big chunk, of the top of the pimple off and started bleeding. I need this off by next week, what should I do? Will it scrab and what should I do for that? Thanx all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: BIG HUGE ZIT ON MY NOSE! Won't Go Away! Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by drealuv
Hey all, I know you guys can help me with this one. I have a huge pimple on my nose, I think it might be a cyst, it developed about 4 weeks ago and is still the same, I have been putting BP products on it and nothing seemed to work and about a week ago, I did the unthinkable and I popped it, only it still didin't seem to be getting anybetter and it left a scab so today I peeled the scab off and it took a big chunk, of the top of the pimple off and started bleeding. I need this off by next week, what should I do? Will it scrab and what should I do for that? Thanx all.
I can't say what to do about your present pimple problems. When I pop a pimple, it usually leaves me with a permanent mark.

But....... now, everytime I get a pimple, all I do is put a little handsoap on it, and leave the soap on the pimple for an hour, and then wipe it off. After a couple of days of doing this, the pimple ALWAYS goes away.

Once, I accidently left the handsoap on overnight and woke up with a burn, so I make sure I wipe off the soap after an hour.

Regards, and best of luck with your current problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #3

bestbefore HB User

Maybe putting a bandaid on it while you sleep? Not using the entire bandaid, just cut off a peice of the sticky part and cover it.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

[QUOTE=drealuv]Hey all, I know you guys can help me with this one. I have a huge pimple on my nose, I think it might be a cyst, it developed about 4 weeks ago and is still the same, I have been putting BP products on it and nothing seemed to work and about a week ago, I did the unthinkable and I popped it, only it still didin't seem to be getting anybetter and it left a scab so today I peeled the scab off and it took a big chunk, of the top of the pimple off and started bleeding. I need this off by next week, what should I do? Will it scrab and what should I do for that? Thanx all.[/QUOTE
Spots on the nose area are the most annoying in my experience as no matter which way you look at yourself in the mirror it,s still there.
A pharmacist once told me that the skin on the nose is very thin and this is why spots or cuts on that area can take longer to heal than blemishes in other areas,unfortunatley that doesn,t really help matters when you need to get rid of the blemish asap.
Make sure you keep the area moisturized to help with scarring try a good antibiotic cream or a rich tea tree oil moisturizer.
If you ever suffer with a blemish again try not to pull the scab off as that is what causes the scarring i know from my own personal experiences.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:04 AM   #5

pattycake HB User

Hi,

When I get a cyst I put a triple antibiotic ointment on it (like Neosporin). No bandaid, just a huge glob before bed or around the house. Doesn't work so well at work or in public because it's very shiny, but you could apply a thin layer and maybe some (a LITTLE) pressed powder to cover the shine.

Anyway, this usually brings those stubborn unpoppable under the skin cysts to a head pretty fast ( a day or 2 as opposed to weeks). Then I lance it with a sterile cosmetic tool (or a sterile pin), rinse it with hot water, and add more antibiotic to help heal the wound faster and cleaner. It really helps to prevent scarring, otherwise popping cysts leaves horrible black scars (from blood under the surface).

Don't ever try to force it until it comes to a head, it could spread under the skin and cause more cysts to form. Don't squeeze too hard, it will come out by itself. Benzoil Peroxide products dry the skin and cause the cyst to stay under longer.

Hope this helps. Sorry if it grossed you out. Now if only to find a way to prevent them from forming in the first place.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #6

slick33 HB User

If it's big and still sore, you really should go to the derm and get a cortisone injection. It will shrink significantly within 24 hrs.

Closed Thread