It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Question We all have acne here-Do we all take Multivitamins?

I guess I sound pessimistic in my title. Ok...MOST of us have acne here, so I was wondering if we all take a multivitamin? Reason being, is that I don't and my diet being the way it is, I know I should. Perhaps my skin(and total well being) would benefit if I added it to my daily life. Thoughts, comments or shouts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2003, 05:45 AM   #2

Forcefed4 HB User
I think most here do take a multivitamin, as well as tons of other vitamins/minerals. Yet they are still here...I don't think vitamin deficiencies are what is causing the acne.

If it was, acne would be a SERIOUS problem in 3rd world countries where people are starving and malnutritioned. But that's not the case.

I took many different types of multivitamins for 2 years, it didn't help my skin/acne one bit.

Kev

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2003, 05:58 AM   #3

hongkongers HB User
Um.... There's no need to take muti-Vit. I only take Omega-3 , Chlorella as a supplement. Chlorella can take away ur body toxins, it's rather natural . + eating healthy.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
Inactive

JoeK HB User
I took multivitamins for overall health... I also doubt it will do much to my acne.

Joe

[This message has been edited by JoeK (edited 03-19-2003).]

Old 03-19-2003, 01:19 PM   #5

Matt M HB User
Umm, Hongkongers, multi-vitamins are actually a smart addition to anybody's diet.

There's NO way anybody could get the maximum number of nutrients they need eating a modern diet - not with all the intensive farming that goes on nowadays which means much of the food we do get is low in nutrients anyway. The only reason we don't notice that we need to take a multi-vitamin is because the body is very good at adapting.

Even if your acne isn't because of a vitamin deficiency it's always a good idea - my body's certainly not complaining!! And if you take once specific vitamin it's a good idea to also take a multi-vitamin supplement because quite a few are actually antagonistic to each other and can cause defeciencies.

Sorry for the lecture but I find it annoying when people spread misinformation on the net. It doesn't help the newbie who comes here looking for help.

Old 03-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #6

hongkongers HB User
Smile

to Matt M,
There's NO way anybody could get the maximum number of nutrients they need eating a ""modern diet""
When u said ""modern diet""(typical western style), well, u need to take it,anyway.
BUT I insist on having a balanced diet (as a PLUS+),I don't want to take (man-made compounds) ANY CHEMICALS inside my body (Though ,all the foods we intake are basically in chemical formula at last ) "Natural" is very important for human beings, I suggest if u want to take "Muti-VIt." u can choose to take chlorella/spirullina (wrong spell?), they contain what you "NEED" in a 100% NATURAL WAY.
No WONDER why Westerners are ??????? (no offense taken)
MAttM, u can compare the chances of having those fatal diseases with Asian (common sense) Which is healthier ? Then, U know what is "NATURAL" as Chinese always say.
Gold Bless u!

Old 03-19-2003, 08:45 PM   #7

strider HB User
What multi-vitamins are out there that do not contain iodine?

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #8

stillwaiting HB User
i take a prenatal vitimin, has no idione in it.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:45 PM   #9

hongkongers HB User
Lightbulb

Spirulina is a Whole Food Unlike Vitamins and other Supplements.
Most vitamins on the market are comprised of laboratory-synthesized chemical compounds rather than natural sources. Virtually all vitamins are mix and match amalgams of extracts and concentrates, some of which can accumulate in the body and become toxic if they are fat soluble. The other problem with the mix and match vitamin approach is that vitamin companies are trying to duplicate nature, which can never be done. Spirulina is a balanced natural whole food. It's minerals and vitamins are naturally bio-chelated, meaning they are wrapped in amino-acids for excellent assimilation by the body. It contains over 100 synergistic nutrients and is nature's richest and most complete source of total organic nutrition. Spirulina is a completely natural, and therefore superior, approach to nutrition. It is also much more economical than most mass produced vitamins.(From a healthy web).
Please dont' treat urself as an expert.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:49 PM   #10

hongkongers HB User
[QUOTE]Sorry for the lecture but I find it annoying when people spread misinformation on the net. It doesn't help the newbie who comes here looking for help.[QUOTE]
Who is right,who is wrong? huh? U should know....

Old 03-19-2003, 10:52 PM   #11

hongkongers HB User
Angry

[QUOTE] Sorry for the lecture but I find it annoying when people spread misinformation on the net. It doesn't help the newbie who comes here looking for help. [QUOTE]
a bad Quote http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 03-19-2003, 10:55 PM   #12

hongkongers HB User
Thumbs down

Quote:
Sorry for the lecture but I find it annoying when people spread misinformation on the net. It doesn't help the newbie who comes here looking for help.
a bad Quote again!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2003, 06:42 AM   #13

Matt M HB User
So Hongkongers, you're against the use of a multi-vitamin supplement? Then why the hell do u say to take spirulina?? Isn't that, at the end of the day a multi-vitamin supplement?

You seem so confident that 'natural is best' and I totally agree with you, but I can't get hold of spirulina where I live and I DO eat a balanced diet with no fast food, plenty of water and fruit and stuff.

Old 03-20-2003, 07:37 AM   #14

hongkongers HB User
Thumbs down

I SAY SORRY to U if my poor English is bad enough for u to understand.
YES, I against the use of Multi Vit. THAT "is comprised of laboratory-synthesized chemical compounds" Do u understand me until now ? I hate man-made formula.
LET ME TELL U "SPIRULINA is not medicine,it's a whole FOOD ,that contain all the essential nutrients more than Man-made Mult-Vit have. To name just a few ,say DNA/RNA, GLA, Phycocyanin,dietary fibre, blah blah. The third world people usually take Spirulina in case of the nutritional deficiency (wrong spell?) Third world people don't have enough food like we do ! Thus Spirulina, a whole food, can help.

CAN U JUST ONLY give them the MULTI VIT. tablets that u are currently taking to replace Spirulina.
SO , Spriulina is different to the Multi Vit. found it in drugstore.
U should look up more information before u argue/debate with me. Sigh.....

Closed Thread