It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2004, 03:08 PM   #1

DrFunk HB User
Wink Vaseline : Is it a good mosturizer?

I was just wondering if vaseline (petroleum jelly) is a good mosturixer to use during the day.....my skin is pretty oily so i'm juist wondering, thank you in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Vaseline : Is it a good mosturizer?

Vaseline is not good for your face unless you have extremely dry skin and need to trap moisture between vaseline and skin.

Oily skin with vaseline on it probably would cause breakouts.

If you have very dry, cracked heels, vaseline is good to help moisturize and soften the skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User

Vaseline is great for lips though

Old 03-07-2004, 01:10 PM   #4

fallen_5555 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius0121
Vaseline is great for lips though
I cant use vaseline on my lips I get this white film so I use blistex lip medex (blue jar) instead.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFunk
I was just wondering if vaseline (petroleum jelly) is a good mosturixer to use during the day.....my skin is pretty oily so i'm juist wondering, thank you in advance!!
Vaseline is an excellent moisturize for the body (don't use it on the face unless you have extensively dry skin). My dermatologist told me that the best moisturizer on the market is plain old petrolleum jelly (IE: Vaseline). For my itchy skin he suggested a warm (not hot shower), followed by a slathering of vaseline to the skin and then air drying. The water helps bring the petrolleum jelly into the skin. I also use it at night on my feet a couple times a week. I soak my feet in warm water then slather in vaseline and put plastic bags over my feet and then socks. It's a bit dicey if you have to get up at night though as it's a tad slippery, so I suggest restricting fluids after dinner time if you want to do this. That way you won't have to get up to go to the bathroom and risk falling. I also use vaseline on my elbows throughout the day.

But I don't recommend it for the face. I would think it would clog the poors and trap bacteria by forming a barrier.

Closed Thread