It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
Inactive

seamus HB User
Nausea w/ Zinc or Chromium?

I just took 500mcg of Chromium Picolinate & 100mg of Zinc. I ended up throwing up about an hour later and i've been nauseous for the last few hours. It was only the second time i took them. I took them last night and felt nauseous but didn't throw up. I think part of it had to do w/ taking them on an empty stomach (but i don't think that should make much of a difference...nowhere have i heard that nausea is a side effect of either one). Anyone had a similar experience with these minerals? Did I take too much?

Old 03-07-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
(male)

Indy007 HB User
Re: Nausea w/ Zinc or Chromium?

Hi there. I've had the same experience, but I didn't realize it until a few days after. I've been taking Zinc for over a year and Chromium, on and off, for about six months. One, NEVER take them on an empty stomach. Once I realized this I never felt Nausea again. Two, you are taking way too much. I take 50 mg of Zinc and 200 mcg of Chromium. You don't ever want to overdose or make your body heavily relient on it. I find Zinc helps in my cystic acne and later in quickly disappearing any red marks or scars. Chromium is good for your blood sugar level. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2004, 10:25 AM   #3
Inactive

seamus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy007
Hi there. I've had the same experience, but I didn't realize it until a few days after. I've been taking Zinc for over a year and Chromium, on and off, for about six months. One, NEVER take them on an empty stomach. Once I realized this I never felt Nausea again. Two, you are taking way too much. I take 50 mg of Zinc and 200 mcg of Chromium. You don't ever want to overdose or make your body heavily relient on it. I find Zinc helps in my cystic acne and later in quickly disappearing any red marks or scars. Chromium is good for your blood sugar level. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much Indy! The Chromium i bought is in 500mcg tabs, so i guess i'll have to break it in half. Also, I'll have to cut down on the zinc. Since you started taking chromium and zinc at different times, do you know which one caused the nausea?

I'm not willing to do the trial and error method to see which one caused the nausea...i was sick all day yesterday

Old 03-07-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
(male)

Indy007 HB User

Seamus, I would have to say it's the Zinc that causes nausea.

Closed Thread