It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 08:16 AM   #1

MikeCH06 HB User
Pimples under the skin???

Within the past 6 months or so, I get this kind of pimple once every month or so that forms under the skin. It is extremely sensitive to touch and I can just slightly feel blood pumping into it. It never comes to a head, and the skin gets extremely red. It looks absolutely awful. This really puts a damper on my confidence and it makes me want to stay inside for a few days until it goes away.

I've noticed that when I diet well and workout a lot, my acne and especially this kind of pimple does not show up at all. However, I'm in college, majoring in electrical engineering, so sometimes my eating habits get terrible and my workout schedule gets put aside.

What can I do to get rid of this pimple under the skin? If not possible, is there a way to speed up the healing process and/or make the skin less red.?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:10 AM   #2

MikeCH06 HB User
Re: Pimples under the skin???

Guys, I really could use some help. I have some 400 I.U. Vitamin E pills. Should I cut them open and put the oil on it? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2004, 09:34 AM   #3
Inactive

Buck Rogers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCH06
Guys, I really could use some help. I have some 400 I.U. Vitamin E pills. Should I cut them open and put the oil on it? Thanks.
Sounds like a cyst. The best way to get rid of these is to get them injected or lanced by a dermatologist.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #4

MikeCH06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
Sounds like a cyst. The best way to get rid of these is to get them injected or lanced by a dermatologist.
But do cysts go away after 2 or 3 days like this does?

Old 03-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #5

MikeCH06 HB User

Does anyone else have some advice? I know other people have gotten these before.

I'm really desperate to get this healed. Should I go to a demertologist?

I have some topical antibiotic cream. Will this help or just irritate it?

I'm desperate for some help so any would be appreciated.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Dunno, does sound like a deep cyst. Some don't come to a head. Most of mine do, but those big under the skin ones can't do too much to. Try not to squeeze it any and it should heal pretty quick. And visine will work for redness, put it on the pimple and rub it in.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
(female)

j54 HB User

What is visine? Is it like vaseline (petroleum jelly stuff that is clear)?

Old 03-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #8

Teresa470 HB User

Quote:
Does anyone else have some advice? I know other people have gotten these before.

I'm really desperate to get this healed. Should I go to a demertologist?

I have some topical antibiotic cream. Will this help or just irritate it?

I'm desperate for some help so any would be appreciated.
I would suggest having a derm inject it. That will clear it up quite nicely and quickly.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
(female)

ACluelessOne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by j54
What is visine? Is it like vaseline (petroleum jelly stuff that is clear)?
Visine is a product that you put in your eyes.. "Visine, it takes the red out!".. Comes in a small dropper bottle, found over in the eyecare section.

It is not anything like Vaseline at all (other than it starts with a V and ends with an E )

Old 03-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #10
(female)

j54 HB User

Hehe, well I thought it might be a different brand of the same stuff! Feel a bit silly now
Thanks, I might try this (if I can find it in this little country of mine!)

Old 03-10-2004, 07:06 PM   #11

guychan HB User

i have been getting the same pimples underneath the skin. I didnt want to pop them or whatever,cause they were a nice size. A couple days ago though, i was washing my face and it felt so nasty. and it felt as if blood or they were filled. They have been that way for weeks!! So i said i had to pop them. I did and it looked really really really bad at first. I put some hydro cream on it and it lookeed better the next day,but still bad. SO i then put some porcelana cream on it at night and it is getting better. It dried up and im glad i popped them./ no remeber these were on the forhead area of my face. If i had did this on my cheeks it would have left a nasty brown spot. I think the forhead skin you can pick at or whatever and pimples dont really scar as bad or leave marks. It is drying up now and looks 10 times better and complelty smooth. Im glad i did it, and by 1 week it will be just like normal skin again or less.

Quote:
Within the past 6 months or so, I get this kind of pimple once every month or so that forms under the skin. It is extremely sensitive to touch and I can just slightly feel blood pumping into it. It never comes to a head, and the skin gets extremely red. It looks absolutely awful. This really puts a damper on my confidence and it makes me want to stay inside for a few days until it goes away.

I've noticed that when I diet well and workout a lot, my acne and especially this kind of pimple does not show up at all. However, I'm in college, majoring in electrical engineering, so sometimes my eating habits get terrible and my workout schedule gets put aside.

What can I do to get rid of this pimple under the skin? If not possible, is there a way to speed up the healing process and/or make the skin less red.?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #12

Hamer HB User

Someone told me to put a little preparation H on my cysts and I think it helps shrink them. Even though I hardly ever get cysts, the first moment I notice them, I put a little of this cream on and most the time they are gone in a couple days.

Old 03-11-2004, 03:55 PM   #13

guychan HB User

yea i heard of that, have to try it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer
Someone told me to put a little preparation H on my cysts and I think it helps shrink them. Even though I hardly ever get cysts, the first moment I notice them, I put a little of this cream on and most the time they are gone in a couple days.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

Preperation H??? Isn't that used for some special place in your body??

Old 03-12-2004, 07:36 AM   #15

MikeCH06 HB User

I'm going to see the dermatologist today. Hopefully he can inject it with whatever they have and clear it up. It's on my cheek, so I definitely don't want to pop it.

Has anyone ever had something like this injected before? If so, how long did it take for it to go away and was there any scarring left over?

Thanks.

Closed Thread