It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #1

ccynthia HB User
Cool Diet Recipes

I don't know if anyone will have any but I really need some creative recipes for my diet.

I don't eat red meat, eggs, dairy, processed foods, and potatoes (I do eat sweet potatoes).

I do eat fruits and vegetables primarily. I have to eat a lot during the day to keep from losing weight so I need some help. I steam my veggies and eat my fruit raw. I also eat poultry and wheat bread on occasion. I donít much like fish, however, I may consider trying some recipes that incorporate a small amount. I am looking for some natural dip recipes that I can use for the fruits and vegetables, some sauces for wheat pasta, and anything for chicken and brown rice. Anything that I can use to spice up my meals would be great. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:37 AM   #2

MsMeaganMay HB User
Re: Diet Recipes

I don't know if this would interest you...but I like it and it tastes good to me . I make a salad with various lettuces, greens, raw veggies, etc...then put avocado into a small food processor and sometimes a bit of lemon or lime and use that as a "spread" over my salad. I'm not too good with recipes...but have you ever thought of checking out "raw food" recipes? I'm a bit too lazy to try out some of them...but there seem to be quite a few recipes available. Another suggestion would be a juicer...there are lots of vegetable and fruit juice recipes available online as well. I'm sure others can come up with better suggestions than me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 08:02 AM   #3
Inactive

prometheus HB User

That sounds really good Meagan!

Old 03-10-2004, 08:19 AM   #4

ccynthia HB User
Talking Re: Diet Recipes

Thanks Meagan, that does sound good. I have never had avacado before but I just read earlier where someone was suggesting it for a dip. I will definitely try it out. I tried to find some macrobiotic recipes but I have no idea what half of the ingredients are! The raw recipes are probibly the best I have found.

One thing that is also good is to make your own salsa and use it as salad dressing or on chicken.

Zucchini Rolls

Squash or zucchini
lemon
olive oil
garlic
basil
oregano

Mix lemon, oil and spices together. Slice lengthwise, into flat thin
"bacon" strips. Marinate squash in lemon oil. Dehydrate. roll with
arrugula. Pin roll with toothpick.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:36 AM   #5

MsMeaganMay HB User

I had never had avocado before either until I began the "diet" and others told me to try new foods . When I don't have time to cook it's easy to put together a quick salad..plus it gives me a chance to take in some raw vegetables and greens as an alternative to steaming them. The avocado will help you get some more calories in with your salad...plus it adds a great flavor to it (and is a good alternative for those avoiding salad dressings)! I can't really describe the taste...it's a bit of a nutty flavor to me. If you dont have a food processor..you can always just scrape out the avocado over your salad, which works out just as well for me. The recipe you listed sounds interesting. What I would suggest is making a list of recipes/foods you want to try and trying them out one by one. I did this...and thats what recently brought me to trying avocado. Once I found out what the taste was like...there were foods that I figured would make a good combination with it...thus giving me a new quick meal to eat. Next on my list is kombu noodles . I may try these with my meal of fish that I have once a week or so since they are said to go well with seafood.

Take care!

Closed Thread