It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
(male)

dinguyen11 HB User
Wai's Diet(2 week detoxification)...

This question is mainly for prometheus and msmeagan... Ive been on wai's diet to detoxify my body(1 week already). Wai's diet consist of eating loads of veggies, fruits, and nuts/seeds. I am also taking Vitamin C(1000mg), Chromium picolinate(200mcg), Selenium(200mcg), Vitamin E(400IU), Zinc(50mg), and Vitamin A(8000IU) daily. My question is since I am on this diet, is it ok to continue using the supplements or should I stop using them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User
Re: Wai's Diet(2 week detoxification)...

too large a vitamiun intake, make lead to deficincies in other vitamin areas..but i don't see why your vitamin supplements should conflict with your diet, your organs absorbs what it needs..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
(male)

dinguyen11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex773310
too large a vitamiun intake, make lead to deficincies in other vitamin areas..but i don't see why your vitamin supplements should conflict with your diet, your organs absorbs what it needs..
so the supplements wont become toxic rite? and also, you said my vitamin intake is too high, what should i reduce it to? thanks

Old 03-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #4
Inactive

prometheus HB User

The only problem with supplements is quality. If you have a quality supplement, and you are taking them correctly (yes there is a correct way to take them) then they are good for you. It is good that you are taking them all separately, as multivitamins are not the way to go. The dosages seem just fine. I would take the selenium, vitamin A, vitamin E with your fattiest meal. On the Wai diet I believe this is raw eggs with unrefined oil? I'd take the Chromium with the Zinc with food, and I'd take the vitamin C by itself, with water.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #5

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinguyen11
This question is mainly for prometheus and msmeagan... Ive been on wai's diet to detoxify my body(1 week already). Wai's diet consist of eating loads of veggies, fruits, and nuts/seeds. I am also taking Vitamin C(1000mg), Chromium picolinate(200mcg), Selenium(200mcg), Vitamin E(400IU), Zinc(50mg), and Vitamin A(8000IU) daily. My question is since I am on this diet, is it ok to continue using the supplements or should I stop using them?

Wow, congrats on trying out wai's diet . I don't follow Wai's diet..but am pretty close to it I assume from what I've read. I also know others who have followed wai's diet and have achieved 100% clear skin . Personally, when I began modifying my diet etc. I stopped all supplements and when I did incorporate a few back in at times they did not seem to help, but my skin did get a bit worse during those times. The other people I know who go by Wai's diet also stopped taking supplements when they began the diet and it did not seem to stop them from getting clear . Let us know how things go! I don't think anyone else on this board follows Wai's diet (although some of us are pretty close)...but I think there is one person who follows a complete raw food diet similar to Wai's (with the exception of cooked food at special occassions if I remember correctly). Maybe they will decide to join in on this thread .

Old 03-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #6

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
The only problem with supplements is quality. If you have a quality supplement, and you are taking them correctly (yes there is a correct way to take them) then they are good for you. It is good that you are taking them all separately, as multivitamins are not the way to go. The dosages seem just fine. I would take the selenium, vitamin A, vitamin E with your fattiest meal. On the Wai diet I believe this is raw eggs with unrefined oil? I'd take the Chromium with the Zinc with food, and I'd take the vitamin C by itself, with water.

I do agree that if your taking them separately, correctly, and they are good vitamins then you should be fine. I think my problems with vitamins was that I was always looking for a multivitamin to "fix it all" rather than having to take different ones all day. I'm a bit lazy I suppose lol. That and the fact that I've gotten ahold of some bad vitamins before which had not so good effects on my body makes me a little nervous about them sometimes.

Old 03-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #7
(male)

dinguyen11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
Wow, congrats on trying out wai's diet . I don't follow Wai's diet..but am pretty close to it I assume from what I've read. I also know others who have followed wai's diet and have achieved 100% clear skin . Personally, when I began modifying my diet etc. I stopped all supplements and when I did incorporate a few back in at times they did not seem to help, but my skin did get a bit worse during those times. The other people I know who go by Wai's diet also stopped taking supplements when they began the diet and it did not seem to stop them from getting clear . Let us know how things go! I don't think anyone else on this board follows Wai's diet (although some of us are pretty close)...but I think there is one person who follows a complete raw food diet similar to Wai's (with the exception of cooked food at special occassions if I remember correctly). Maybe they will decide to join in on this thread .
Excuse me about Wai's Diet...Wai's diet is my foundation and i work around that. I don't follow it exactly but it is very close to it. I'm just consuming raw veggies, fruits, nuts/seeds. I've been on this diet for about a week now and I think it is working(too early to tell). Only down side about this diet is that i lift weights and prior to this diet I was trying to gain weight/mass. So far, I've lost about 5lbs and im kinda sad about that. But my face is my main priority rite now so it is going to be worth it in the end. I am very optimistic and determined that this diet will work for me. I dont know what it is...maybe its the spiritual vibe :P

Old 03-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #8

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
Excuse me about Wai's Diet...Wai's diet is my foundation and i work around that. I don't follow it exactly but it is very close to it. I'm just consuming raw veggies, fruits, nuts/seeds. I've been on this diet for about a week now and I think it is working(too early to tell). Only down side about this diet is that i lift weights and prior to this diet I was trying to gain weight/mass. So far, I've lost about 5lbs and im kinda sad about that. But my face is my main priority rite now so it is going to be worth it in the end. I am very optimistic and determined that this diet will work for me. I dont know what it is...maybe its the spiritual vibe :P

Sorry for my confusion as well . Yes, your probably going to have to consume alot more calories on this diet, and try to eat more frequently. I would try juicing, as well as nut butters (lots of calories and the taste is SO good...or atleast for almond butter...I don't care for sesame seed butter too much). Are you eating raw eggs? I myself don't...but I know others who do since they seem to be fine as long as they are not cooked. Are you eating any meat (or eggs...) at all? I remember Prometheus bringing up the topic of B12 before ...so there could be a small concern if your not. Once again..good luck

Old 03-12-2004, 07:05 PM   #9
(male)

dinguyen11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMeaganMay
Sorry for my confusion as well . Yes, your probably going to have to consume alot more calories on this diet, and try to eat more frequently. I would try juicing, as well as nut butters (lots of calories and the taste is SO good...or atleast for almond butter...I don't care for sesame seed butter too much). Are you eating raw eggs? I myself don't...but I know others who do since they seem to be fine as long as they are not cooked. Are you eating any meat (or eggs...) at all? I remember Prometheus bringing up the topic of B12 before ...so there could be a small concern if your not. Once again..good luck
Well i planned to be on this strict diet to detox my internals(2 weeks or until my face clears up) and then incorporate food that doesnt cause a break out. Rite now, its no meat,chicken,fish, dairy, and wheat. it nothing but veggies,fruits, and nuts/seeds. Where can i find almond butter? I havent tried raw eggs yet because I dont know if that is a good idea being that it is raw. I want to try it though but I dont know if i should eat the whole egg or the egg yolk and egg whites alone. It's so hard rite now because im use to eating a lot of fish, meat, and chicken because like i said earlier i lift weights and i consume a lot of protein(about +160g protein daily). I'll keep you updated :P

Old 03-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #10

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
Well i planned to be on this strict diet to detox my internals(2 weeks or until my face clears up) and then incorporate food that doesnt cause a break out. Rite now, its no meat,chicken,fish, dairy, and wheat. it nothing but veggies,fruits, and nuts/seeds. Where can i find almond butter? I havent tried raw eggs yet because I dont know if that is a good idea being that it is raw. I want to try it though but I dont know if i should eat the whole egg or the egg yolk and egg whites alone. It's so hard rite now because im use to eating a lot of fish, meat, and chicken because like i said earlier i lift weights and i consume a lot of protein(about +160g protein daily). I'll keep you updated :P
Are you able to order items online? If you are..try doing a search for raw almond butter, you should get quite a few results . My personal favorite is Premier Organics Mariannas raw almond butter. Yum yum yummm . I just find that its easier to get in a few more calories with the addition of this. The only down fall to nut butters can be their prices...which are usually around 10-15$ (or atleast the ones I like the best...). When you do start incorporating meat back in, you might try buying canned wild alaskan salmon or canned sardines in water. I'm quite sensitive to meats and these are okay with me (I eat meat usually once, sometimes twice a week). Crown Prince makes a "natural" line of these two products and I find them to be quite a bit better than others I have tried. If your looking for more information on eating eggs raw, look up Dr. Mercola's website...he has some information regarding that subject, and also lists the concerns and statistics of contracting salmonella...which is actually very rare from what he says . Once again I must suggest juicing...not only because it helps you get all of your vegetables etc. in...but because I believe it sped up my healing time after I had begun the diet. Prometheus listed some awesome juice recipes in a previous post that are really good for ya, plus there are tons of recipes for some wonderful juices online. Hey Prometheus...I remember you once said that you wondered how much success with skin problems a person could achieve with juicing...just wanted to let you know that I came across a website the other day with a guy who did not alter his diet, but begun including fresh vegetable juices (with the main ingredient being carrots) each day into it and achieved clear skin. Ahhhhh...the power of juice

Old 03-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #11
Inactive

prometheus HB User

wow, Meagan! that is great. I always feel better after I drink fresh juices, mainly the green types. Carrot is very good and healthy too. Ding have you read about bowel cleansing for detoxification? Yes, I know the problem of weight loss. It could be as Acne_Fighter said, that your body is burning all the bad fat to make way for the new...to build up from the beginning. This is what fasting is supposed to acheive for people. A lot of people fast before eating better/healthy/new in order to build up from the beginning. It could also be a caloric thing, as it is very simple to get a lot of calories from a small portion of meat, and if you try to eat the same portions of different foods which have less calories, you will eat less calories than you should and you will lose weight. So you have to actually count calories of each meal. Nuts and seeds have a lot of calories, and good fat. Another thing, this diet has worked for many people, but I don't think 2 weeks is long enough. It could be, especially if you were fasting, but generally it takes 8 weeks. I think even on Wai's site it says that...but I could be wrong.

If you start to see a difference, I would stay with it.

Last edited by prometheus; 03-13-2004 at 06:42 AM.

Old 03-13-2004, 07:18 AM   #12
(male)

dinguyen11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
wow, Meagan! that is great. I always feel better after I drink fresh juices, mainly the green types. Carrot is very good and healthy too. Ding have you read about bowel cleansing for detoxification? Yes, I know the problem of weight loss. It could be as Acne_Fighter said, that your body is burning all the bad fat to make way for the new...to build up from the beginning. This is what fasting is supposed to acheive for people. A lot of people fast before eating better/healthy/new in order to build up from the beginning. It could also be a caloric thing, as it is very simple to get a lot of calories from a small portion of meat, and if you try to eat the same portions of different foods which have less calories, you will eat less calories than you should and you will lose weight. So you have to actually count calories of each meal. Nuts and seeds have a lot of calories, and good fat. Another thing, this diet has worked for many people, but I don't think 2 weeks is long enough. It could be, especially if you were fasting, but generally it takes 8 weeks. I think even on Wai's site it says that...but I could be wrong.

If you start to see a difference, I would stay with it.
Prometheus, no i have not read about bowel cleansing for detox. Where can i find info. about that because im very interested. I am aiming for 2 weeks but if it takes longer than that its fine with me.

Old 03-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #13

triggert HB User

OK, I found the diet information. I was just on Accutane so should I wait a while for the effects to hopefully wear off or jump right into it?

Trigg

[[[ Members may discuss the diet by name, only.
Posting any kind of information to find a website,
even by hints or search instructions, is considered
to be free advertising and will lead to banning.
Do not risk the loss of your membership privileges. ]]]

Last edited by triggert; 03-13-2004 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 03-13-2004, 07:00 PM   #14
Inactive

prometheus HB User

I don't think you have to wait for the effects of accutane to wear off. If you have stopped taking the medication you can do a bowel cleanse. Bowel cleanse, especially with Bentonite clay, could interfere with medication. Keep me informed on how your diet goes!

Closed Thread