It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #1

thissucks HB User
Question MINOCYCLINE?????????????/

HI- I am newly registered but have been reading this site for about a year and a half. I am currently on MINO and have been for about a year, it has worked awesome. I was on 200 mg a day but for the last 6 monthes have went down to 100 mg a day. Now I am trying to go to 100 mg every other day. Has anyone tried this. I want lots of response please. And is there anyone on here who has stayed on this drug for very long time to control. I am 19 and have mild moderate. Right now it is moderate, it always gets worse when i eat like shi#. I am going to stay on this drug until i grow out of this stage, i konw i have hormonal cuz my dad and uncle had it and grew out of it when they hit 20 21 22 23. So everyone who has been on it long term please respond and tell me ur situation, thanks

Old 03-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #2

thissucks HB User
bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2003, 09:09 PM   #3

Alexandra789456 HB User
You won't like this. I was on Minocycline 200mg a day for around 7 months. After a month it started to work. But, I'd try to take it every other day and it would come back so I was addicted to it lol. So, anyway, I started to notice that I had bruises all over my legs (small ones adn one really big one) I didn't remember what I bumped into but whatever. Then, it never went away. Actually, it's still on my leg. It's not anything that bad. but I have to get it laser removed. Anyway, my derm took me off mino. And, not only did my acne come right back, but I broke out soooo many bumps on my forehead and on my back and neck. Funny, because I didn't break out there before? But, while I was on it.. it was so sweet...good luck

Old 03-19-2003, 04:32 PM   #4

thissucks HB User
bump

Old 03-19-2003, 10:47 PM   #5

CrazyJoe HB User
I was on it 2 years ago (when my acne was more severe) for 8 months and it didnt do much.

Now I am on it again for about a week, I noticed that the larger pimples don't get so infected, It helps in that regard, but I need to combine it with more stuff to get clear... I hope.

Old 03-20-2003, 04:14 PM   #6

bella_victory HB User
I am on my second month of mino also with topical benzaclin. My face is completley clear. I am very satisfied. I had what many would term mild acne but it was very persistent. I am 26 and would always have at least a couple ofr pimples. Sometimes they were vert bad and often left very red marks for long periods of time. I am hoping to have continued success but am very pleased so far.

Old 03-20-2003, 07:54 PM   #7

Evelyn HB User
My situation is very similar to yours. I'm 20 years old, and I've been on Mino for more than a year with fantanstic results. I cleared up totally after two months' use. The only problem is that whenever I try to taper, I break out again, so I have to go back to 100mg Mino every other day. (I was originally prescribed 200mg daily.)

My derm would like me to taper due to potential long-term effects, but I'm sort of dependent on Mino now. This is the only thing to clear my face. Luckily, I haven't had any side-effects like Alexandra's bruising.

Old 03-20-2003, 10:46 PM   #8

Alexandra789456 HB User
Well, they're not real bruises.. it's actually buildup of the Mino in your body that looks like a bruise

Old 03-21-2003, 01:57 PM   #9

MiamiBarbie HB User
I;m also using the benzaclyn topical in the morning and take mino twice a day 50 mg each time for the past 12 days. Surprizingly, my face is already clearing up. On my second day, I actually broke out two larger cysts, but one of these medications made them surface very fast, so five days later, they were already healing. I just wonder now...and it is kind of scary...my derm told me to be on mino for a month and then he said, we'll see, but why are you guys on it for so long? I thought an antibiotic was supposed to get rid of things, not to get you dependent on them. Has anyone taken mino for a month or so, than went off and is fine? I hate medication and pills and prescriptions and whatever else unnatural... All I want to do is occasionaly pop a vitamin or so. What do you guys think?

Old 07-20-2004, 03:27 PM   #10
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
Re: MINOCYCLINE?????????????/

I have bruises on my legs. I used to use it for quite some time. I didn't see the results I wanted to. I'm on Backtrim now, with my new dermo. I thought there was something wrong with me, so I went to the doctor to get blood tests done to see what was wrong with my legs. Since I've been off it I havne't gotten the bruises that stay forever, my bruises go away. They're very ugly

Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #11

Kamui HB User

After this bottle i've been on MINO for 9 months and let me tell you I couldnt be more happy. I mean, its still there but its alot better than before. I dont see why you would go every other day unless the doc tells you too. But oh well, good luck.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:26 PM   #12

blank HB User

200mg/day gave me unimaginable headaches every few days.

i think it helped...but it didn't clear me up fully.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #13

replay57 HB User

my derm never liked me being on antibiotics for 2 long. I took Minocycline for 2 weeks and it cleared me up. During those 2 weeks and thereafter, I used Retin-A (not micro) and Duac, and it kept me clear for 3 months but then i started to break out again and decided to take Minocycline for 2 more weeks (still worked) but 3 months after that, i broke out again and taking Minocycline didnt seem to work for me anymore

Closed Thread