It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2003, 07:28 AM   #1

pinkjellibeans HB User
Post yasmin updates

anyone?

Old 02-03-2003, 07:47 AM   #2

acneattack HB User
Well,no real big update here, since I just started Yasmin yesterday, but I am really looking forward to the replies on this one. My Gyno gave me a 3 mo supply to try, but he wants to see me back when I get to the middle of my second pack, b/c of the blood pressure thing. I have also heard that it increases potassium levels, which for me, number one, I've always had(sometimes dangerously low, especially when pg) low blood pressure, and have low iron(anemia), so he isn't too concerned, but just wants to be on the safe side.
I've heard it can take up to 3 mos for it to actually kick in, I sure hope not, b/c I am in 2 weddings, one at the end of April and the other the end of May, and I sooooo want to be clear.

------------------
Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2003, 09:49 AM   #3

heartsicle HB User
Looking clearer and clearer as the days go by. :> Yasmin = miracle.

Old 02-03-2003, 09:54 AM   #4
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
I am just started my week of fake pills so this is the start of week 4. I have been slowly getting clearer, but I still have a lot of old stuff to clear up. I am hopeful that this week will not be horrible - so far it is okay. I still had a few little things last week - but not as bad as usual, I always broke out a ton the week before my period. I have to say it has been a SLOW improvement, but it does seem to be getting better.

Old 02-03-2003, 02:22 PM   #5

Pandabaire HB User
Ok, I've started on week number two this morning and as of yet - no zits to stare at - My anxiety is that I'm dreading the "initial breakout" thing that I've heard about and I'm hoping that doesn't happen! I do want to say though that my boobs hurt big time lately! :P

Old 02-03-2003, 11:15 PM   #6

novatadpole HB User
I started Yasmin last month. The first week I was feeling abnormally evil and antisocial. Then I had two days of spotting and then I immediately felt my usual self again. My breasts also felt like they were going to explode! But, I'm feeling more normal now. Last week, I started accutane so my skin seems to be doing stange things at the moment....nothing I cant handle though...I'll be on Yasmin for atleast six months, we'll see how it goes...

Old 02-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #7

21withacne HB User
bump

Old 02-06-2003, 08:31 AM   #8

Pandabaire HB User
Unhappy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK....day number 11, first pack of Yasmin and I have a SLIGHT break out of teeny tiny zits on my chin - this is unusual since most of my break outs affect my cheeks regularly. These look like they are left over imbedded zits starting to come up, but their controllable with just a dab of concealor. They aren't big huge puss filled cysts at least.

Old 02-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #9

pinkjellibeans HB User
ok so heres my update now... i start my second pack tommorow. i had 100% clear skin the first 2 week! not one zit! and zero red mark..b/c i've been on retin a so long (they fade over night). anyway, week 3: BOOOM! the initial hell broke in. i have had cyst after cyst after cyst since. i pray this month improves... why don't we all cross our fingers for each other??? i dont even want to leave my bedroom. hope this post didn't scare anybody. sorry. remember: patience is the key...i tell myself that everyday for the past 8 years

Old 02-07-2003, 06:45 AM   #10
Veteran

laur HB User
PINK:

Week 3 is when it hit me too and I did the worse thing and Picked!!! I just started week 5 yesterday so we shall see what happens. I did not use the white pills because I no longer have periods due to a hysterectomy. I refilled the script and stayed on the yellow pills. I am trying to have patience, but it is sooo hard!! I will keep you updated. I still have some leftovers from the initial breakout and each day a new tiny one here and there. Breast are still tender and I'm starving all the time. I also seem to have a little "gas and bloating " problem. Gross huh?? I am hoping the side effects resolve themselves soon . Do you have any side effects yet??

L

Old 02-07-2003, 07:24 AM   #11

heartsicle HB User
I'm also gassy/bloated. Yuck. And my appetite has certainly changed. I don't know for the better or worse... I just crave weird things.

Old 02-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #12
(female)

weez HB User
I just had to add - Week 3-4 = zit hell! I've never had such bad skin as then - 3-4 cysts. I'm just finishing week 5 and currently I only have one minor zit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Weez

Old 02-09-2003, 08:59 AM   #13

pinkjellibeans HB User
im now on the first week of my second pask and things really seem to be improving from weeks 3 and 4 initial hell of first pack... i have my fingers crossed that things will continue to improve. as of side effects... i've noticed a significant oil reduction . my nails kept breaking in weeks 3 and 4 of initial hell, but now they seem to be strong again . i have noticed an increase in my apetite... but i have not gained any weight yet ( maybe cause i exersize alot ) . zero mood swings . everything seems to be doing good at this point. How about everybody else??
Pinkjellibeans

Old 02-24-2003, 07:04 AM   #14

pinkjellibeans HB User
bump

Old 02-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #15

heartsicle HB User
Well, I am on my third pack. It's been great all along. I have a few zits here and there, but not as bad as before. My oil reduction has gone down. Some days there is more than usual, but most days I am pretty dry. Increased appetite definetely, but I haven't gained any weight. I've had the mood swings come along, especially during the first week, but they usually taper off.

I <3 Yasmin

Closed Thread