It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #1

joshsd54321 HB User
How should I shave

I am an 18 year old male who who needs to shave but I am afriad that is contrubuting to my breakouts. I need to know if useing an electric razor would result in less acne compared to when I used a normal razor and shave with liquid cetaphil compared to shaving cream. Does any one know if an electric razor is better to keep pimples away or is it worse than useing a razor? Thanks in advance for any replys.

Old 03-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #2

Drawss HB User
Re: How should I shave

Hey get the Philashave Cool Skin Electric Razor.... OMG!!! ITS SOOOOO NICE!!
It comes with Nivea for MEn Lotion... [url]www.philips.com[/url].... its so nice...

The only problem is the price although its the best shave i have ever had... no breakouts whee i used to get tons on my jaw line...

Try it... you wont regret it... it comes wiht a fog free mirror for the shower...

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2004, 07:35 PM   #3

joshsd54321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawss
Hey get the Philashave Cool Skin Electric Razor.... OMG!!! ITS SOOOOO NICE!!
It comes with Nivea for MEn Lotion... [url]www.philips.com[/url].... its so nice...

The only problem is the price although its the best shave i have ever had... no breakouts whee i used to get tons on my jaw line...

Try it... you wont regret it... it comes wiht a fog free mirror for the shower...

Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice man. I was just wondering if with an electric razor do you have to put something like shaving cream on your face or do you just use it on dry skin? Thanks alot

Old 03-15-2004, 09:27 PM   #4

Imsoalone HB User

oh nice post, i was going to ask the same thing, i just got an electric razor a week ago, the first time useing it feels a little weird but i guess it takes 3 weeks to get used to it, i got a 30 dollar electric razor that i guess is pretty good... but yeah i would also like to know what i should do befor i use it? like should i wash my face first?

Old 03-15-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
Inactive

zxc_zxc HB User

Well here is how i do it.. lol

enter shower with hot water to heat up face and loosen hairs....get out of shower and wipe down the fogged up f***in mirror..............apply aloe vera shave gel........wet mach 3 turbo blade......shave entire face in direction of hair growth with less strokes as possible while rinsing blade every couple of strokes to get hair out........wash of remaining gel with cold water to close up pores............apply facial moisturiser to stop razor burn.......

Voila!

Electric razors just don't cut it for me. I bought the real expensive Braun one that washes itself. its a piece of crap and I kept having to bring out the Mach 3 Turbo to finish up the job. Not to mention using a regular blade is closer and gets the job done quicker.

Its not brain science. Hope this helps.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:05 AM   #6
(male)

mvp81 HB User

HI,

I too share the same problem. I notice I get numerous blemishes whenever I shave with a blade. I guess I have really sensitve acne-prone skin. I've tried everything, from different shaving methods, to moisturizers,pre-shave prep products,aftershaves etc...but i've only seen improvements whenever I used salicylic-based topicals which I applied right after shaving, they work well but slowly lose their effectiveness.

Right now I dont even use a blade anymore, I stick with an electric trimmer. I use a higher setting that allows the hair to be cut right at the skin and not under. So even tho its not as close as a blade, I save a lot of trouble. But this also means I might have to shave maybe twice a day, but its much easier than using a blade(you can use a trimmer anywhere) and I think its worth it.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #7
Inactive

Nicko12 HB User

I steam my face either with a hot rag, or over a pot of boiling water then add aveeno shave gel and let it sit for a couple minutes and then shave after washing the blade under hot water. After that rinse with cold water and towel dry face. Works like a charm, I don't get pimples from shaving ever really just be careful and not to hard when shaving be patient and don't cut yourself lol

Old 03-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #8
Inactive

Nicko12 HB User

I also use the Mach Turbo 3 I think that is what it is called.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #9

Drawss HB User

Alright my shaving routine wipes out any problems with mirrors fogging up... cutting... irritation... PLUS ITS SO NICE THAT IT IS A WET SHAVER>>>

Ok here is how i explain wiht the Philashave Coolskin Razor there is no need for any additional shaving cream... it come wiht little pockets of NIvea for Mnn shave gel that is inserted rihg tinto the Electric Razor and there is a litle button on it to dispense it...

This electric razor does not come at a cheap proce but.. the shave is amazing... no irratiation or dryness AT ALL!!! not just limited but none at ALL!!!

The whole package of 10 extra little packets of Nivea for Men shaving gel and a free fog mirror for the showe costs $160 dollars canadaian... so about 100 American depending on where u are...

The price might scare you but mant his come from a guy that always had freakign breakouts on his jaw line.. an now I get none... Use this razor in tendom with 2 products from Clean and Clear.. The Continuos Control.... and the Blackhead clearing scrub... Try it u wont go wrong I swear... check out Botchla's regimen... at [url]www.*********[/url] to read more about it....

IN the morning... shave in the shower with the Cool SKin... then washw iht the Blackhead clearing Scrub...

AT night... put about the amount of toothpaste uput on your toothbursh but instead its the COntinuousControl... then squirt ot about a finger lenght of the black head lcearing scrub then... add them together... then wash away

With this regimen anyone wiht Moderate to Mild acne will efeinatly get clearon it... I garentee it

Draws- got any question post away

Closed Thread