It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 01:55 AM   #1
Inactive

pherpher1 HB User
topical niacinamide help help help

hey ihave a question i bought a aloe vera 98% but base on the recipe you'l need 100% is 98% okay to use for the recipe and some say niacinamide can cause greasy looks for hours does there has no solution for this.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:50 AM   #2

blank HB User
Re: topical niacinamide help help help

i'm trying 98% with crushed niaciamide pills mixed in.
close enough in my opinion.

i just use it at night. the aloe very makes my skin look like a mirror....and then when that goes away, i usually have dryness...white crap on my face from the niaciamide.

i'd just use it as a topical at night, and then just go with a clean face & moisturizer in the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
Inactive

pherpher1 HB User

how do you put it on,on the acne only or all over face
how many weeks should you see result
does it can prevent breakouts and do i need mosturizer in the morning i have oily skin

Old 03-17-2004, 11:55 AM   #4

Mmann16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherpher1
how do you put it on,on the acne only or all over face
how many weeks should you see result
does it can prevent breakouts and do i need mosturizer in the morning i have oily skin
You apply it to the whole area, whether you're trying to prevent acne from popping up, or treating an area that's already covered with acne. Don't spot treat. rub it all over the face. It will prevent you from breaking out in other areas if you apply it on them. just use a cleanser in the morning, and a moisturizer if you want to keep your skin from drying out.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #5

honeybearkitty HB User

Can I use the niacinamide topical while using Retin-A Micro? My skin hasn't quite adapted to the RAM yet, and I am still peeling a lot.

Old 03-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #6

Mmann16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybearkitty
Can I use the niacinamide topical while using Retin-A Micro? My skin hasn't quite adapted to the RAM yet, and I am still peeling a lot.
niacinamide gel shouldn't interfere with any other treatment your using. It doesn't affect your skin in any way that would interfere with other topicals. Unless your Retin-A says not to use anything else with it on the bottle, then it's fine. It should indicate on the label if you are not supposed to use other treatments with it. I would just put on the niacinamide at a different time, so as not to mix the two topicals. Good Luck

Old 03-17-2004, 06:59 PM   #7
Inactive

pherpher1 HB User

i put benzac 5% and mosturizer in the morning then at night put niacinamide in your face.is this routine okay????

Old 03-19-2004, 08:56 AM   #8

Mmann16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherpher1
i put benzac 5% and mosturizer in the morning then at night put niacinamide in your face.is this routine okay????
That's fine. Benzoyl Peroxide can be used with any other topical, and the niacinamide won't hurt it, even if you put them on closer to each other. But your routine is great. The BP gets the bacteria well, the moisturizer eases the irritation, and then the niacinamide at night soothes, easing the scarring and redness and some bacteria. Great plan. If it doesn't work, then I'd be really shock GOOD LUCK!

Closed Thread