It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
(female)

cindyn HB User
Found something that helps - Grapefruit Seed Extract

I have suffered with ance for many years, and I have tried everything except accutane. I saw something on a website about grapefruit seed extract (gse) - to add it to your favorite soap and wash your face. I am familiar with gse, but haven't tried applying it to my face with my soap. So, I tried it and my skin is so clear now I can't believe it. It took about a week for the cysts I had to go away (I had 2-3 prior to starting this). I still have red marks from them, but my skin is looking a lot better. People have even complimented me, which hardly ever happens.

I know you have heard it all like me. I just thought I would pass this along as another option for those who are looking for a solution. It isn't a cure-all, but it seems to help keep my skin under control, until I can better determine what is causing my breakouts.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Old 03-23-2004, 06:42 PM   #2

superman1 HB User
Re: Found something that helps - Grapefruit Seed Extract

Where do you get it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 06:56 PM   #3

siren3 HB User

Does it dry your skin out?

Old 03-23-2004, 11:47 PM   #4

Memnoch636 HB User

A company called NutriBiotic has about a dozen or so products that revolve around Grapefruit Seed Extract.
They sell a liquid concentrate in different sizes. Around $10-20 depending on where you buy it.
They also sell a gel that is marketed to people with cold sores, or as a first aid disinfectent. It can reduce red marks, and increase healing.
GSE is a natural antibiotic that can kill a wide variety of bacteria, fungus, and viruses. It's all natural, it's very hard for bacteria to become resistant to it.
I used to get sinus infections and throat infections often. I used GSE in conjunction with perscription antibiotics. It helped me.
It has also been used by some to rid their bodies of worms, however it would be much more effective when used with other herbs for that type of intestinal cleaning.

NutriBiotic also makes a great face wash that uses GSE. I used it a lot and would recomend it to others who don't like the way some soaps can feel on your face. It was pretty cheap to. $7 for a 16oz bottle.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:01 PM   #5

Anita1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyn
I have suffered with ance for many years, and I have tried everything except accutane. I saw something on a website about grapefruit seed extract (gse) - to add it to your favorite soap and wash your face. I am familiar with gse, but haven't tried applying it to my face with my soap. So, I tried it and my skin is so clear now I can't believe it. It took about a week for the cysts I had to go away (I had 2-3 prior to starting this). I still have red marks from them, but my skin is looking a lot better. People have even complimented me, which hardly ever happens.

I know you have heard it all like me. I just thought I would pass this along as another option for those who are looking for a solution. It isn't a cure-all, but it seems to help keep my skin under control, until I can better determine what is causing my breakouts.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
Hello Cindy,
How bad was your acne?? I am soo fed up with at least having 2 new pimples each day. How long do you have to use it before you see results?? does it help with clogged pores too?
Thanks
Anita

Old 03-24-2004, 07:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

I use a grapefurit seed extract peel off mask sometimes, works very nicely.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Are you sure you don't mean Grape Seed Extract? GrapeFRUIT seed extract is typically taken internally and used for various G.I. ailments. Grape Seed Extract is used externally for the skin.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo64
Are you sure you don't mean Grape Seed Extract? GrapeFRUIT seed extract is typically taken internally and used for various G.I. ailments. Grape Seed Extract is used externally for the skin.

ya, mybad :P

Old 03-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #9

Memnoch636 HB User

Grapefruit seed extract is taken internally, BUT can also be used externally on yor skin. I belive that's what the original post was talking about. Mixing Grapefuit seed extract with their daily face wash. This would be a great way to kill bacteria that causes acne, since it is such a powerful natural antibiotic.

ALSO Grape Seed extract is taken internally, as well as a in some topical gels, and like dfwgoodguy said, in some mask peels. Grape seed extract contains essential fatty acids, and is an antioxidant.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #10
(female)

cindyn HB User

I am using GrapeFRUIT Seed Extract in liquid form. I bought a bottle manufacturered by Now Natural Foods at my local health food store. I went back for another bottle and got the Nutribiotic one someone else referred to. I am thrilled with how my skin is looking.

I have/had cystic acne, and before trying it I had 2-3 cysts on my chin. It took a couple of days to see them start to go away, but within a week my skin was looking better. It has been about two weeks now and my skin is still looking good. I noticed another pimple coming up and I added a little GSE to my facial location and it helped keep it down. I noticed this morning that this pimple is small compared to my usual pimples/cysts. Other than that, my face is clear.

I hope that answers all of your questions. Let me know if you have any others. I'm glad to help. I have been suffering with ance for numerous years, and I know how frustrating acne can be!

Old 03-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #11

ChaiT HB User

Can I just add it to my bottle of cleanser?

Old 03-27-2004, 06:57 AM   #12
(female)

cindyn HB User

That's what I do. I put in my hand the amount of cleanser I am going to use, and then I add some grapefruit seed extract.

I am so pleased with it. I hope you find the same results.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User

I thought I'd breathe life into this thread. I use Nutribiotic and I LOVE it. I'm very picky about how face washes make my skin feel, but this stuff is great, dries my skin out a little, but I already have dry skin. It makes my skin feel mega smooth and feels like it somewhat exfoliates it too, which I like because my skin doesn't shed the dead skin cells well, so it keeps my face nice and smooth.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:11 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

lalli, what facewash do you use?

cindyn, what face wash do you use? and do you only add the grapefruit seed extract when you have a pimple or everyday, because if you use it everyday wouldn't your face eventually become immune to it? How many drops do you add? Do you guys use a toner as well? What if I was to use the grapefruit seed extract as a toner or to add it to my toner? any experiences?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I am getting excited!!

Are you guys using anything else along with it?

Old 02-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #15
(female)

TLynn HB User

I currently have some of the GSE at home and was wondering how many drops do you add to your cleanser and do you use it in the cleanser morning and night or just one or the other? Also can you add it to your moisturizer too? Can you use it by itself on your skin or is that too harsh?

TLynn

Closed Thread