It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

Shy One HB User
Question Does exfoliating help flaky skin?

Exfoliating washes have always kind of irritated my skin but I just bought a sample of St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin and I kind of like it. Anways, Does exfoliating help reduce flaky skin?

Old 04-01-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Re: Does exfoliating help flaky skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy One
Exfoliating washes have always kind of irritated my skin but I just bought a sample of St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin and I kind of like it. Anways, Does exfoliating help reduce flaky skin?
Hi i have been using an exfoliating skin wash for the past couple of days alternating it with a facial wipe from the same range,as i too think that using an exfoliating wash twice daily may be a bit harsh for my extra sensitive skin,so far i have noticed a real difference in the amount of oil my skin has produced but this could also be down to my new moisturizer
Anyway i will let you know if the wash is helping with my flaky skin as this was the main reason for my purchasing it.
I,ts really awkward having dry flaky skin that is spotty and oily too lol

Last edited by scouselad1974; 04-01-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

Cluelessgirl HB User

Yes, exfoliating is really good for your skin. Just do it lightly and maybe every other day to give your skin a chance to rest and regrow. It does help with flaky skin. Flaky skin is dead dried skin. So exfoliating scrubs it off and gets rid of it.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Shy One,
I have been using St. Ives sensitive skin scrub for a long time now and LOVE it. It works so well so I hope it does for you too. I use Cetaphil the days in between. My skin is clear now but I still get a few pimples occasionally before my period. If you have lots of active acne, try not to rub too hard on it with the scrub because it will aggravate the pimples. I use a moisturizer with salicylic acid after using the scrub since it helps with blackheads. Good luck!

Closed Thread