It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #1

EmpressEva HB User
Could L-Lysine Cause Acne?

I'm 31-years old, and I'm suffering from moderate acne. I break-out regularly, and right now, I have several pimples on my face (four on my left cheek, and three on my right). Plus, I have MANY pink marks from healing pimples.

I've been taking a L-Lysine 500mg supplement for over a year to prevent cold sores. Could L-Lysine be causing (or aggravating) my acne?

Old 04-07-2004, 06:20 PM   #2

EmpressEva HB User
Re: Could L-Lysine Cause Acne?

Anybody, please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
Inactive

prometheus HB User

Yes it can. Stop taking it and find out.

Old 04-07-2004, 11:51 PM   #4

EmpressEva HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
Yes it can. Stop taking it and find out.
I'm afraid you would say that. The l-lysine did a good job of keeping my cold sores away, and now, it may be causing my acne. If I stop the l-lysine, my cold sores may come back! I guess I must pick my poison - cold sores or acne!!

Old 04-08-2004, 03:58 AM   #5
Inactive

prometheus HB User

I would just stop taking it for a couple months to see if the acne goes away. If it does go away you can take something different for the cold sores, like colloidal silver or shark cartilage (or shark liver oil or one of those). there is something I know that is very good for cold sores, but I can't remember what it is right now. I'll probably remember it later. If I do, I'll let you know.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-08-2004 at 03:58 AM.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:30 PM   #6
(male)

pdb123 HB User

I've wondered the same thing about Lysine and amino acids in general. I've taken several different amino acid supplements and, although it could just be a coincidence, it seemed like my skin was worse while taking them. Anybody know why these supplements would have this kind of effect on skin?

Old 04-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #7

EmpressEva HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
I would just stop taking it for a couple months to see if the acne goes away. If it does go away you can take something different for the cold sores, like colloidal silver or shark cartilage (or shark liver oil or one of those). there is something I know that is very good for cold sores, but I can't remember what it is right now. I'll probably remember it later. If I do, I'll let you know.
Thank you for your input, Prometheus. If you remember the cold sore remedy, please kindly let me know.

Old 04-09-2004, 06:21 AM   #8
Inactive

prometheus HB User

I will definitely let you know! I know there is one and that it is very good so I will look for it. It might have been the shark liver oil but I'm not sure.

Quote:
I've wondered the same thing about Lysine and amino acids in general. I've taken several different amino acid supplements and, although it could just be a coincidence, it seemed like my skin was worse while taking them. Anybody know why these supplements would have this kind of effect on skin?
It could be the source of the amino acids such as cow milk protein "caseine".

Old 04-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #9

ziti HB User

You know what, I always heard it was really good for skin, I've considered taking it before, and good for wrinkles. But that could be wrong.

Closed Thread