It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2004, 03:46 PM   #1

O_o HB User
Recommend me a moisturiser

During around my 6th grade year, pimples broke out in my forehead and cheek areas. Then I used an acne treatment for the first time...it was the clean clearsil cream that I put on every night before I went to sleep. After a week or so, the treatment totally wiped out my zits. Then, I noticed a few more zits around my 7th, and 8th grade year. They werent really serious so I ignored them for a while. Now, around my 10th grade year, the zits that I was starting to treat look kinda like reddish scars. They dont stick out, and they're not whiteheads so I assume that they are reddish scars. I've tried the cream that I used many years ago, but it has no effect on me. I dont want to talk to a doctor or get a prescription or start taking pills. I want to try to get rid of my acne as healthy as possible...but I dont want to start taking the wrong stuff which would make it worse than it is rite now...

My face is usually very dry, and by the time Im done with my school, my oil production is very high. I constantly try to keep it a bit wet, but I heard that for dry skin such as mine, I shoudl use a moisturiser. Im not really looking for anything fancy, just one that you can buy in your nearby supermarket

Old 04-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #2

Sprokets HB User
Re: Recommend me a moisturiser

I use something called simple (light moisturiser) It seems to work for me, Its not to heavy so it makes your skin greesy and its not to light so it has no affect at all. I suffer from bad skin as well as dry skin! It seems to do the job for me and its reasonably cheap. Here in England it is about £6 pounds I think and you get quite a large bottle.
Im sure some other people will have better suggestions
Hope I was some help
Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2004, 06:14 AM   #3

shisimagum HB User

Dry skin, like oily skin cause acne, because the flakes of your skin can clog your pores. I have been using virgin olive oil as moisturizer for my face for about a year, and it is very good. It has cause acne for me and it sget absorbed quickly. Just use a small amount, enough so yoiur skin don't feel dry.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:52 AM   #4

DameC HB User

Neutrogena Skin Clearing moisturizer is great.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:13 AM   #5

westendboi HB User

Clarins beauty flash balm

Old 04-11-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
Inactive

SnowyLynne63 HB User

I use avon.Allergic to other things......

Old 04-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #7

rubia_9 HB User

I use Herbal logix w/spf 15.

Closed Thread