It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #1

annonymousgirl HB User
When should accutaine start working?

Hey, I've been on accutaine for nearly 2 months. When should it start working?? I mean, I started noticing minor changes only after a week, but now, it seems like It's been the same. I have had like extremely dry and cracked lips as well as dry skin for like, my whole treatment. And my eyes hae also been very dry. When should I start seeing results? Or will I have to wait until I've taken it for the whole 6 months?? Tuesday I am going to the doctor for my monthly checkup (derm) and to get my blood work done, I guess I can ask her then, but I was wondering if you guys who've taken accutaine in the past have had any experiences like mine. Well, thanks for you help!

Old 04-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #2

mman HB User
Re: When should accutaine start working?

Everybody reacts differently, as for me right off the bat my skin became very dry and my acne started to disappear. Unfortunately I am in week 6 right now and I am starting to break out again. I am not getting frustrated though because almost everybody I know has had great permanent results from accutane so I am just going to stick it out. What dosage does your derm have you on, I think a lot of it depends on your dosage, I have been taking 80 mg a day. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
(female)

Genn HB User
Re: When should accutaine start working?

I started noticing changes right away, and then broke out a little after my dose was raised at month 2. Now I am starting month 3, and I am clear! It is amazing!

Old 04-11-2004, 06:39 AM   #4
Inactive

xxxxxx84 HB User
Talking Re: When should accutaine start working?

I'm starting on accutane soon too, as soon as i find a derm in this **** hole of a town.
What side effects have you experienced?

Closed Thread