It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2003, 09:02 AM   #1

Redmark1 HB User
Post Does anybody notice this with differin?

After like using differin on a certain area for a long period of time where i have acne, the acne i get in that area tends to just stay there as in the spot doesnt actually go it just stays there but shrinks.

In some places of my face i have areas where theres tiny little red spots that dont seem to go. anyone else get this or can share some information?

Any replies will be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2003, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I'm having the same problem with Skinoren.It has shrunk a whole bunch of zits and then just them left as small but very noticable red bumps.Also in the center of a lot of the bumps is like an open pore with nothing in it.Kind of like the medication just emptied out the zit and left a little empty red bump that does not go away.My forehead especially is covered with these.

[This message has been edited by dsheldon3 (edited 03-15-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2003, 09:40 AM   #3

Redmark1 HB User
hello, thanks for the reply, what is skinoren is it simular to differin? also how long have you been on it, i've been on differin for probably 2 years now, have moderate to mild acne, but i guess ive only really been putting differin on this area of skin for say a year i cant really remeber. Also what are you doing to try to rid of your small zits?

Old 03-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I've been on Skinoren about 1 monthand a half.I use Skinoren (Azelaic Acid)on the areas of my face that are too sensitive to use Benzoyl peroxide .Those areas are all around my hairline,left cheek,and just below eyes.I also use Skinoren on the Big monsters, it helps to shrink them without irritating them and doesn't turn them red and coveres them a little.On the rest of my face I use a tiny amount of Benzoyl peroxide once a day or every other day,depending on the condition of my face,on the days I don't use Benzoyl peroxide ,I use the Skinoren on those areas also.I quit using Phisoderm and started using my Dr. Bronners lavender bar soap to exfoiliate and get rid of all the dead skin.I LOVE THAT SOAP!It works so well.It got rid of all my dead skin from my recent benzoyl peroxide burns.When my forehead starts too get too overly dry I will switch back to the Phisoderm again.I still don't if that Phisoderm does any good or not.For now I'm just keeping my face as dry as I can.Seems to work better for me that way.Maybe someday if I get 100% clear using the Spironolactone I will try using the Copper Peptide Serum and Vitamin K & Willowherb Serum.I just started that monthly thing today and now is the test of how well this Spironolactone is working.So far I have only gotten a few very tiny new zits.If thats all I get this time around I will be very happy.

[This message has been edited by dsheldon3 (edited 03-18-2003).]

Old 03-25-2003, 01:13 AM   #5

Redmark1 HB User
"I have only gotten a few very tiny new zits.If thats all I get this time around I will be very happy."

I hope it works out for you

i just dont understand such little spots on my face take ages to go away, it must be differin wouldnt u think, tiny little spots like this shouldnt cause marks should they? On other parts of my face they just fade away quite quickly.

Old 03-25-2003, 05:41 AM   #6
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User
I get that on Differin too, but I have just chalked it up to the healing process, hoping that eventually, those red spots will completely disappear.

And the empty pore with nothing in it....I GET THAT TOO! It's so wierd! They seem to close up eventually, especially after I do a mask.

Closed Thread