It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 11:09 AM   #1

WazMeister HB User
Help me.....

First of all Hello to everyone on the message boreds this is my first post.
Secondly of all I notice alot people currently viewing the ACNE section which makes me feel I not alone....

Now here is where I need help...

When I was a young lad lets say 11 to 14 I used to have alot confidence overall and with girls I used to know how to chat to girls and everything once I hit 15 I got struck by acne and ever since I feel my life basicly is hell.

I am now 21 and still have acne on my neck, some strange reason on my neck I only get it in 3 places.
Both the sides in a small kinda area and on the back of the neck, sometimes I get like massive big boil like things on the side and I am like frankstien!
My face has acne too around my mouth(chin, near cheeks and around lips) and my fore head.

Few the years of having this acne my confidence has gone and I dont look at peoples faces or girls when talking as I feel their staring at my spot thats about to pop in their face. I wear shirts most time to hide the neck ones and sometimes I cry asking god when will they go..........
I think my punishment of 6 or 7 years has been enough and I want my acne to go. Please help me I beg so I can start to at least chat to girls with confidence and look at people.

I remeber at work I had a very bad spot on my neck and talking to a work colleuge all they did is stare at it.. it was so bad in the end I said "having fun staring at my zit?" I just can't cope sometimes.

I tried everything I can think of... Creams, vitamins, docters etc etc and its still there and still coming.
I even gave Tanning beds a try which cleared my face and kept me overall looking good but I couldent keep affording it as its expensive in UK and secondly its not good overall at the end of the day to keep using tanning beds as I am very light skinned and sensative.

I went to docters he gave me some stuff that pure stan and made my rash itchy and red and worse.

Few months ago I bought a book from amazon named:
The Acne Cure.

I read it from A to Z about 3 times crying in happyniess thinking its going to cure me, I couldent find the stuff I needed in UK so I orderd some to import from USA the shipping cost more than the products! I think the products came to about 30 pounds and the rest was shipping total was nearly 100 POUNDS for 2 weeks supply which I couldent afford every 2 weeks.
Using the stuff made my face feel fresh and it did get rid of it quiet alot and I wouldent mind using it again if I could find a UK seller. Only prob its not a product that keeps it gone just gone when on it so it would be a life time of using it .

Now I am on some Timed Release expensive Vitamines from Holland and Barrets, Aloe Vera tablets and Evening Primerose oil

I went in my local Holland and barrets and was joking with the mangaer there and she turned round and said "ur face is bad" which I kinda needed it knocked me in to reality so she told me to take this stuff go back in 3 months and see what I am like.
Its cleared me up quiet a bit but not fully i still have redness and on my neck its pretty bad still but my face is cleared up a bit.

I have quit drinking beer and trying to keep all greasy fast food and crap away.

I also attend the gym plenty and sweat etc which has kinda help keep em away I think.

I just need help and advice I want them to go before i take a blade to my face as I feel that way at times.

Please I beg help me.

Regards.

Waz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #2

WazMeister HB User
Re: Help me.....

I forgot to put the name of stuff the book suggested it was:

Zapzyt Acne Gel 10% benzoyl (book says use this as its 10% benzoyl which is needed)
Zapzyt Pore Treatment (book says this is needed for itssalicylic acid)
and a10% glycolic gel I bought total skin care make book suggests this too.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #3

WazMeister HB User

I read alot about Diets too.. about fruit salad etc.

What would someone suggest me?

I weight train so I take weight gainers, protien shakes and alot chicken and some pasta.
Whats best for someone who weight trains and is trying to put overall mass on not loose weight.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:59 AM   #4
Inactive

xxxxxx84 HB User

You said you've seen a doctor/dermatologist in the past?
Have you tried accutane? It's a last resort, but if your acne is as bad as you say, it could be worth it.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User

I always suggest Tazorac (a prescription) that SAVED MY LIFE. Nothing, I mean NOTHING worked, and after using Tazorac for nearly 2 months, by skin cleared up 80%. Right now I'm nearly 100% clear after 5 months. Tazorac is pretty harsh, but if you're desperate and need something that'll burn the hell out of your skin and kill the acne for good, it's worth a try.

Old 04-13-2004, 06:36 AM   #6
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

Hi Waz,

You might find that it's the weight training which is adding to the problem, as it creates extra androgens and is particularly bad for neck acne in my view. It also creates an extra load on your body by demanding greater amounts of food and protein.

Cheers,
AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 04-13-2004, 07:00 AM   #7

MsMeaganMay HB User

Ok...well, let me start off by addressing protein powders and shakes (most that are available). Many acne sufferers have problems with these, thus being the reason alot of body builders suffer from skin problems. Now, I'm going to make a suggestion based on what I read about in a new health book ( ) I got last week. I do follow and believe in diet....but I don't weight train or anything like that, so I have no idea as to all of the details on this product. My suggestion (or..well the books suggestion ) is Goatein. Goatein is the only protein powder on the market made from organically produced goat's milk, which is partially pre-digested, low temperature dried, and usually well tolerated by those with food allergies and digestive problems (which alot of acne sufferers have). (pg. 208, "Patient Heal Thyself", Jordan S. Rubin, N.M.D.,PH.D.) So, if you don't want to cut out protein powders and such...it may be worth a try.

Good Luck.

Old 04-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
Inactive

prometheus HB User

I read somewhere that you don't need to consume a lot of protein to weight lift, or protein beyond that which is processed, and your body has a static limit to the amount of protein it will, while the rest is just excreted as waste.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:14 PM   #9

MsMeaganMay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
I read somewhere that you don't need to consume a lot of protein to weight lift, or protein beyond that which is processed, and your body has a static limit to the amount of protein it will, while the rest is just excreted as waste.

Ya know, that sounds like a good answer to me. What amazes me is that so many people won't try the diet because they feel that they will lose all of their muscle and be stick figures....yet I know 2 males who developed very nice, well defined bodies (and very quickly and easily too!) once following the diet. I also know that I developed a wonderful lean muscle look to my figure..and I don't workout with weights or things like that.

Closed Thread