It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #1

epu HB User
I'm an idiot - I have dark spots that I have to live with now

I had three pimples on my nose and popped them like an IDIOT. Now they left three serious dark spots (I have light brown skin, the spots are so dark, they stand out). One of them is large and is on the middle of my nose.

My dermatologist prescribed me some Tri-Luma cream to help fade the dark spots out. It is such a SLOOOOW process and I'm in my early 20s, so you can imagine what it does to my confidence. I can barely look at myself in the mirror and get stares when I go out. It's so embarrassing. Let's say I learned my lesson for popping pimples.

Is there any faster way to get my dark spots to turn to their original color? Could mixing Tri-Luma with Lustra speed up the process. I used to just use lustra and all of my dark spots would fade in two weeks (in the past), now, on my nose, this thing is taking forever. I'm such an IDIOT for popping those pimples.undefined

Old 04-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User
Re: I'm an idiot - I have dark spots that I have to live with now

Very rarely are red marks from acne permenant. They basically just take forever to fade. Unless you have ice-pick scars, they should go away in a few months. I use Tazorac, which is pretty good at cell turnover and helps fade marks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 04:39 PM   #3

Za'Roc HB User

try Aloe Vera Gel for them, its supposed to fade red marks, i have tried it for maybe 3 days and no results so far.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

In addition to the other suggestions, if you're a girl and they are flat, use more makeup and if you're a guy, get clearasil tinted formula to help hide them.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:17 PM   #5

epu HB User

Well, the Tri-Luma cream I started using about two weeks ago and I'm noticing SLOOOOWWWW improvement. I guess I have to wait a couple of months before I see any real imporvement. Such a drag summer's gonna start out that way for me.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #6

noname HB User

what are ice-pick scars?

Old 04-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User

Ice pick scars are dents in the skin. Even when the scars fade, you can still see a crater in the skin.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #8

gilligan HB User

My dark spots would always fade within a few months too, but i have 2 on my cheek that just won't go away. one has been there almost 2 years! the other is going on 1 year. i have olive skin and they just will not cover up with makeup either.
i have been using md forte glycolic face wash, as was recommended by an esthetician for gentle exfoliation. i've been using that for over 6 months and they are still there. i'm wondering about microdermabrasion. it is starting to feel like i will have these two spots for life!

Old 04-13-2004, 11:10 AM   #9

Gael Alias HB User

Use a little lemon juice. First put it on a cottonball and dab a little, don't scrub though, because it can make your skin red. The citric acid in the lemon juice will lighten it a lot faster then just using the creams by themselves.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za'Roc
try Aloe Vera Gel for them, its supposed to fade red marks, i have tried it for maybe 3 days and no results so far.

How long does it normally take for Aloe Vera Gel to start working?

Old 04-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #11

moe2121 HB User

i know proactiv has a skin lightening lotion thats supposed to work well for that. just a recomendation but ive never used it myself.

Old 04-14-2004, 06:06 AM   #12

gilligan HB User

the spots I have are not red at all, they are brown. there is no inflammation , i think it's called hyperpigmentation. i think it's common with olive or ethnic skin coloring.
whenever i get a facial, nobody has any advice on what to do, they just say it takes time. but 2 years is kind of ridiculous!

Old 04-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #13

epu HB User
Unhappy Re: I'm an idiot - I have dark spots that I have to live with now

Yeah, I also have brown skin coloring. When I was a teenager, my dermatologist used to prescribe my Glades Hydroquinone 4%. It used to work like a charm. All dark spots would fade within two weeks!

I'm 24 now and I guess my skin composition has changed somewhat. I've had these dark spots for two months. To recap, I popped two pimples on my nose and they scarred leaving dark spots. When I used the same Glades product, it seemed to thin my skin out leaving bruises. I told my dermatologist this and he told me to swtich over to Tri-Luma because perhaps the skin on my nose was more sensitive and the acid in the Glades might be WAY too effective.

Anyway, I've been on the Tri-Luma for two weeks and I'm noticing a VERY slow improvement, but I can't imagine these spots will go away anytime soon. It's so depressing because I used to have 100% clear skin. I've been wearing dermablend coverup with the powder and it's more depressing because I'm a guy and that cover up crap melts when it gets warm and summer is FAST approaching.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:26 AM   #14

gilligan HB User

I hear you. plus, the sun only makes the spots darker, so be sure to wear sunscreen 30+.
I just saw a product on Blissworld website that supposedly speeds up skins regeneration process. it's expensive- $219. it's a softlaser healer. in the description is specifically says to help fade hyperpigmentation from sun spots or from pimples that you picked. i will keep you posted on any progress when it arrives- 5-7 days.
i tell you one thing, i have learned my lesson, after many many years of being a picker, not to touch them anymore (or at least go overboard in messing with my zits). When I do start to pick, i just look at those dark spots and it stops me right then and there.

Old 04-15-2004, 05:35 AM   #15

epu HB User

Well, the Tri-Luma cream also seems to make my skin a little red. It looks as if the dark spots are or have been fading, but there is this red layer underneath and I wonder if it's an overabundance of blood or if it's the Tri-Luma that is making the surrounding areas red. Would this mean that if I stopped using it the red areas around the dark spots will fade as well?

Closed Thread