It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2003, 06:42 AM   #1

RealWorlder HB User
Post Red rash between eyes and nose

I have a red rash between my eyes and nose, and it wont go away! It looks kind of like when you get a sunburn and it gets red between your eyes and nose. I havent been out in the sun, and it itches a lot!! I dont know what to put on! It looks bad and its embarrassing. I have tried cortizone but it comes back a few days later and I tried putting on some vaseline but its not helping. SOME PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Peace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Veteran

camden HB User
Any chance you have eczema? I get it on my chin. It is red and very itchy. Try cleansing with something containing tea tree oil. Cortizone should work, but when I get a breakout it can take a month or more of treatment to completely get rid of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2003, 10:49 AM   #3

RealWorlder HB User
thanks for responding...where can I get tea tree oil?? And how do I use it? I have used Cortizone but it works for awhile and then it comes back. I have heard that damages the skin.

Old 03-25-2003, 10:51 AM   #4

RealWorlder HB User
thanks for responding...where can I get tea tree oil?? And how do I use it? I have used Cortizone but it works for awhile and then it comes back. I have heard that damages the skin.

Old 03-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #5
Veteran

camden HB User
Talking

There are many skin care products containing tea tree oil. I use @tmosphere facial wash and lotion. St.Ives also makes a facial cleaner containing it.

I have also heard that cortizone thins the skin over time.

There are also many other products out there for eczema. Check your local drugstore.

Old 03-25-2003, 07:17 PM   #6

abracadabra HB User
Lightbulb

It sounds to me like you have a case of seborrheic dermatitis. It usually occurs above the eyes and around your brows, making your skin look red, scaly, greasy and itchy. My dermatologist gave me a prescription cream for it. Oh, by the way it is usually more prevalent in the winter. Try a search engine and look up seborrheic dermatitis and see what they recommend for treatment. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread