It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 06:21 PM   #1

gettingclear7 HB User
Question Advice for little zits

Alright well i have got rid of my large painfull zits with retin-a micro, And i have got ride of the Medium sized ones with Benzaclyn, and now i just have little ones mostly lower cheeks closer to your mout,,, kind of a different spot,,, any one have any advice on how to conquer these little buggers,,, they do leave a little but of red marks tooo but i really just want to get rid of the new small zites,,, its almost like theres a head but there not really ready to pop inless you want blood and then it looks almost worse,,, anyways any advice would be my appriciated,,, thank you "Gettingclear7"

Old 04-20-2004, 07:27 PM   #2

GuyWhoLovesLife HB User
Re: Advice for little zits

Try gently washing your face with a washrag and an antibacterial soap. Gently massage the washrag on your face after you get a good lather from the soap. This should work. Don't oversrub though. By using a washcloth, you exfoliate dead skin cells, which can be responsible for clogging pores and causing (drumroll) small pimples. Hope I helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2004, 11:38 PM   #3

gettingclear7 HB User

thats sounds good maybe i will try it,,, anyone else have any experience or thoughts?

Old 04-21-2004, 01:17 PM   #4

monminkellan HB User

Hydorgen peroxide! These are the exact pimples I have and I swab them with a cottonball soaked in hydrogen peroxide. Dries em' right up!

Old 04-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #5

gettingclear7 HB User

Really monminkellan? does it make the skin sore or anything,,, where do i find hydrogen peroxide and how does it work, does it cause peeling,,,, does it cause redness? how long does it take for the little pimples to go away and do they just fall off... thank you... "gettingclear7"

Old 04-23-2004, 04:25 PM   #6

monminkellan HB User

Hi! O.K. this stuff is AMAZING!! There is actually a web site devoted to all of the things peroxide is good for......one of which is acne. Their exact quote is "clears up acne super fast"!!! Hydrogen Peroxide is at any store.....grocery, Wal-mart etc. It is $0.60 a bottle!! No dermatologist would want this to be the cure! They wouldn't make any money!! Anyhoo......I use it as my toner morning and night. I apply it with a cottonball. You may want to only apply on affected areas at first but after a bit you will probably do it all over your face when you see the results. It does have a sort of stinging/itching feeling until it dries (like two minutes) and then I apply moisturizer. The stinging feeling went away for me after about two weeks! I think it's just your face getting used to it. It sounds like it would be harmful but it is not. I have found now that I've shared my results with people that they also use it. It has not caused drying of my face or peeling at all. I'm sure it would if you didn't apply moisturizer. I used to use a neutrogena cream and it caused terrible dryness even when I used a moisturizer. Peroxide is an antiseptic and is used a lot for cuts to kill the bacteria. It is a great thing! It's cheap! And it has worked wonders for me. I have been fighting adult acne for two years and been on Minocycline the whole time. I am tired of antibiotics and when they just came out with research on the affects of antibiotics and breast cancer I thought that I had to find something different. I also take Evening Primrose Oil and I think it works. It's hard to actually know for sure because the peroxide I think is doing the majority of good. But Primrose oil is great for balancing hormones and pms so it's not a loss to take it! As for how long it takes..........two -three days! I'm not joking! Yes, it dries them up and they do just turn hard and when you wash your face they just are washed away! I hope you have great results! Please post and keep me updated! I would love to shout this from the rooftops! I found this website for that reason........to share my results!!!

Old 04-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #7

gettingclear7 HB User

hey thank you for the info,,,, i use retin-a micro durring the day,, and benzaclyn at night..... if i just leave this stuff on for like an hour do you think it would still be effective,,, is it the first few minuts that works? or just moisturize then put on my other meds.... and what is the website you are talking about? thank you... "gettingclaer7"

Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #8

Loving_Life HB User

There's a wonderful acne gel called Nelson's Homeopathic Acne/Blemish Gel. It is the greatest acne product I have used in my whole entire life. It is *very* soothing(doesn't irritate or peel skin at all) and pimples/blemishes go away in about 1 to 2 days with that for me. And the best part about it is that it is naturally made with tea tree oil and other natural ingredients. It might sound like it won't do much in couple of days because it is natural, but the tea tree oil really kills those pimples! Like magic!! - You can get this at health food stores or some vitamin stores.

Last edited by Loving_Life; 04-23-2004 at 09:54 PM.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:16 PM   #9

monminkellan HB User

Well, I would say not to use your other topical meds while doing the peroxide because it might be too much. I used Tretinoin cream (which is like retin A) and I just discontinued use for the most part. If you wanted to alternate days that would be effective I'm sure! Like M, W, F use the peroxide and then the other days use your topical meds. I don't think using your topical meds over a moisturizer would work as well. The meds probably would have a harder time working with the moisturizer on first. So I would recommend the alternating days. Then you are getting double the benefits!!! Good luck!! As for the website.....
[url]http://www.wellnesstoday.com/october/cancer.htm[/url]

Read down a bit and you'll see the part about acne! Look at all the other uses! And it's .60 a bottle! Amazing!!!

Old 04-27-2005, 03:24 PM   #10

bandit9526 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Advice for little zits

[url]http://www.****************************.com/jones34579[/url]

this vitamin not only helps your acne and skin but your entire body!!! great for stress, weight loss, sleep, help prevent cancer, and strokes. Great for kidneys, eye sight, it gives you more enery plus many other health problems. The best part is that its 100% risk free.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #11

bandit9526 HB User

****************************.com34579

Closed Thread