It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
(male)

GJ777 HB User
Body Acne - What's the best way to get rid of it?

Hi.

While my face has cleared up considerably, I still have quite a few pimples on my back, shoulders, arms and even chest. What is a good body wash or medication to get rid of this? Summer is coming up soon and I doubt I'll be comfortable at the pool or beach with the spots I have.

Oh, and I'm male if that matters at all...

Edit:

I should mention that I currently use Neutrogena: Body Clear Body Wash. I've been using it for about a year and, well, it aint helping much.

Last edited by GJ777; 04-21-2004 at 01:15 AM.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:38 AM   #2
(female)

Shy One HB User
Re: Body Acne - What's the best way to get rid of it?

I'm on the same boat as you... Acne all over my body. Neutrogena Body Clear did nothing for me. I suggest you ditch that and start using Head and Shoulders Shampoo as a body wash. That's the best thing i've found yet. You could start using topicals but it's a pain to try and get those on your back. I'm using a birth control pill but it hasn't started to work yet... if it will. Hehe... but you obviously cannot use that. You could also try to treat it internally with B5. I dunno... I hope more people post with their stories

Last edited by Shy One; 04-21-2004 at 07:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2004, 07:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

well i rub hea dnad shoulders into my bodys skin every day it keeps it nice and clear and smooth..its wierd as my face is completely clear now im starting to ge t abit spotty on my body hehe..funny.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:46 AM   #4
(male)

Gene123 HB User

I have the same problem. I had pimples and scars from them on my face, back shoulders and chest for 3 or 4 years now. I used clearasil on my for it all and on my face it cleared up a bit and my chest too. I havent used it on my back but maybe should I used it for 3 weeks straight at night and it cleared up a bit but i want to get rid of it all. Maybe i will try the head and shoulders.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:46 AM   #5
Inactive

cln5462 HB User
Smile Re: Body Acne - What's the best way to get rid of it?

I started using the head and shoulders and saw results within a week. I use the dry formula, it makes your skin really soft.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:44 AM   #6
(male)

FargoUT HB User

The only thing that has ever worked for my body acne is St. Ives' Clear Pore Body Wash. Unfortunately, this is quite hard to find. My local grocery stores carry every St. Ives body wash, except for the one I want. I have to go to a ShopKo to get it. I'm sure Wal-Mart would have it as well. It has salicylic acid, but it also contains tea tree oil. The two combined do wonders.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:44 AM   #7

Demi1960s HB User

just one question concerning head and shoulders shampoo
doest it really matter what type of hair it is for?

Old 04-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

what ingredient in the head and shoulders shampoo is good for clearing up your body acne?

Old 04-22-2004, 10:13 PM   #9
(male)

roxcyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen
what ingredient in the head and shoulders shampoo is good for clearing up your body acne?
Hm I have no clue but it has the Active ingredient: 1% Prithione Zinc for drandruff, by the way I use phisoderm body wash in combination with tea oil bars of soap, the only thing is that tea oil in bars is hard to find, hey I may try the St. Ives product you recommended

Last edited by roxcyn; 04-25-2004 at 03:07 PM. Reason: sorry I put the wrong active ingredient

Old 04-22-2004, 10:45 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User

So, wait...head and shoulders the SHAMPOO can be used as a body wash? Wow, I use it for my hair but now I think I'm gonna try and use it on my body

Old 04-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #11
(male)

GJ777 HB User

yeah, i'll try the Head and Shoulders as well. it seems like a weird idea but I guess it's worth a shot.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #12
(male)

roxcyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoUT
The only thing that has ever worked for my body acne is St. Ives' Clear Pore Body Wash. Unfortunately, this is quite hard to find. My local grocery stores carry every St. Ives body wash, except for the one I want. I have to go to a ShopKo to get it. I'm sure Wal-Mart would have it as well. It has salicylic acid, but it also contains tea tree oil. The two combined do wonders.
Hey I bought some, but it wasn't the body wash it was the clear pore cleanser, I assume they are the same so I'll probably use it as body wash (they had it at meijer).

Closed Thread