It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
Veteran

Testament HB User
Post Those who have used Head and Shoulders-

A couple people have said that while using this product they cleared their back acne...? Im quite sure there are different types of H&S, which type did you use and how long did it take to see results? How bad was your body acne?

Thanks for the info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #2

Mr. Right HB User
I used to use it on my face, use the plain ole regular one, the zinc within the shampoo will help. I stopped using it as a facial cleanser because it made my skin too dry, but as a body cleanser, it should work!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
I use it to wash my hair. I don't really have dandruff but my head gets really itching and it helps. A few weeks later, I noticed that all of my back and chest acne had cleared up (which was amazing, since I've had acne for years!). I've used the regular and the "Refresh" and both seem to work well. I also use the conditioner.

Old 03-24-2003, 02:34 PM   #4

charby15 HB User
Another good one is Selsun Blue.

I don't have scalp problems. WHat happened to me was my dog gave me ringworm (EWWWW i know!) Well she told me to wash my skin with it and my hair cause it is medicated and has an anti fungal!! Well turns out it works great on my hair and helps my skin!!!

Old 03-24-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
why didn't i ever think about this? ive wondered why my body acne was getting bad, and its because ive tested the shampoo that i use and it clogs my pores which leads to breakouts.. im going right now to get some head and shoulders. This body acne will be gone =P

Old 03-24-2003, 05:04 PM   #6

Brittany HB User
Wink

I've started using H&S for my body acne a week ago. My chest is almost cleared up. I think that's a great thing. And I'm really patient waiting for more results. Two thumbs up!!!!

Old 03-24-2003, 05:41 PM   #7
Veteran

Testament HB User
Brittany: thats great, how bad is your acne right now?

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Old 03-24-2003, 06:21 PM   #8

laurenem HB User
Another one to use is Herbal Essences Anti Dandruff Shampoo... the active ingredient is Salicylic Acid. I don't know how good it is on bacne, but I use it cuz I get acne around the scalp if I use anything else. It's more gentle on your hair than H&S and the rest!

Old 03-25-2003, 03:18 PM   #9
Veteran

Testament HB User
My acne on my shoulders/back/chest is moderate, how bad was yours before using H&S? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:09 PM   #10

Nymue HB User
Thumbs up

I've been using Head and Shoulders on my chest and back for over a month now and have definitely seen a great improvement!! My chest and back weren't absolutely horrible, but they were always full of bumps. I just use the regular Head and Shoulders (using a cheapy generic right now and it doesn't seem to be working AS well, but ok still). I also soak in an Epsom salt bath a few times a week. I started doing that at the same time I started the H&S, and I think the combination of the 2 was what really helped to clear me up.
I thought about using it on my face, but just thought it would be too harsh!

Closed Thread