It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

berza HB User
Question Question concerning Soy Milk?

Quick question, I know that many find milk to be the culprit for their acne. I have recently found out the mild does contribute to my flare ups. I wanted to know does organic soymilk do the same? Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Old 04-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #2

Legend#14 HB User
Re: Question concerning Soy Milk?

I use Organic Rice Milk and it's fine for me, I haven't used Soy Milk before

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
(male)

roxcyn HB User

Hey, now you know what? I think regular milk (that is not organic) may cause acne flares because in US the FDA allows the farmers to use grow hormones on the cows, and that gets into their milk. As far as I know I think that soy milk (organic or otherwise) shouldn't cause acne because it doesn't contain these things as regular milk. But who knows? It may be different for you, so what you will have to do, eliminate soy products all together for one month and keep a record of your acne, and then re-introduce the soy milk and keep a ance diary, and then compare it with the one month you didn't use soy products.

Last edited by roxcyn; 04-25-2004 at 02:43 PM. Reason: (spelling errors)

Old 04-25-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

So is organic soy milk or organic cow milk a good option for acne sufferers??

Old 04-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
(male)

roxcyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by latayy26
I guess so, but didn't say someone say on another message that sugars can cause acne flare ups? Soymilk and milk have natural sugars in them, so that may be the cause? Anyone want to comment? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #6

CottonCandy HB User

I drink soy milk. Silk makes one that has no added sweeteners in them. I have not tried that one...but I have tried just the regular soy milk and it's great. If you aren't allergic to soy I don't think that soy milk will make you break out.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #7
Inactive

prometheus HB User

Apparently there is a brand of soymilk that does not have cane sugar added to it but most of them do, along with MSG (xanthum gum, natural flavors, carrangeenan, etc), and some soy milk even has dairy in it! A lot of people can't tolerate the soy milk either, probably because of estrogens.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-25-2004 at 04:24 PM.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #8
(female)

kc_sunshine101 HB User

Hi, you can get Unsweetened Soymilk. I use the Silk brand. Comes in an aqua green container.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
(male)

drrak HB User

no link of acne soy milk.i made it trial on some women.drrak

Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User

Dairy in general is very inflammatory in the body. Organic soymilk or organic almond milk are better options for people with acne, and you can get them unsweetened to lower the sugar content.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by latayy26 View Post
There is a huge controversy involving soy right now.Soy is identical to the hormone Estrogen (female hormone),and has birth control PILL like qualities when taken in large doses.Obviously this is a bad thing if you are a male.Some men are said to have "feminizing" effects from too much soy.

For some reason soy also damages the thyroid gland...
so too much can cause a thyroid problem.
In small doses soy is considered to be healthy,but a problem arises because soy is in absolutely everything we eat nowadays...cereal,cooking oil,snacks,pre-packaged meals.
By adding in more with soy milk or soy bars,it may be too much.

The reason some people get clear skin with Soy, is because of the estrogen effects it has.If you are female you can get these same effects by taking birth control pills (or spiro)and get better results without the extra damage to your thyroid.

The reason I know so much about it is because I tried the soy method a few years ago.My face DID clear,but I also gained 10 pounds and it is a awfully big coincidence I now have a thyroid problem
Anyways,I did a ton of research about it online and that is when I learned about it.

We cannot post links here,but do your own research and type in "The dangers of soy" and see what comes up,you should have no problem finding many sites about it.

I do recommend Rice milk,almond milk,or organic cows milk.I always look for the kind that says no hormones or antibiotics used.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 07-17-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Closed Thread