It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 01:04 PM   #1

Valka HB User
Question Sauna? GOOD or BAD...

Hello there...would attending steaming sounas be a good idea....???

any personal experiences?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #2

blank HB User
Re: Sauna? GOOD or BAD...

interesting topic.

i'm not sure...but i would say yes, as long as you shower well afterward.

just like steaming your face, it will open your pores up, and it will make you sweat which should clear out your pores.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

No real experience with saunas but my gym has steam showers that I go in after I work out. I'm not sure if I notice a huge improvement but I think it helps open the pores and get rid of toxins. I don't think a sauna would hurt.

Old 04-27-2004, 06:54 PM   #4

JuneMarie HB User

I had a few zits that haven't surfaced yet but you could feel them, and the day after I spent some time in a sauna (a sauna party), they all came to the surface. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing - you decide. I guess it helps your skin purge quicker.

JM

Old 04-27-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

If you have clogged pores like blackheads or whiteheads I wouldn't go to a sauna, cause when your skin sweats the sweat cant come out of your pores if they're clogged you'll get acne. This happens to me everytime I exersize or do anything that makes me sweat. Well anyway that's what I've been through and this is what I think. the sweat is toxins, and if those toxins don't get out you'll get breakouts.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:47 PM   #6

Hamer HB User

I read that saunas help get toxins out of your liver which will in turn help with your skin.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:42 PM   #7

mman HB User

I want to go to a "sauna party"!!

Old 04-28-2004, 06:59 AM   #8
(male)

Jonesy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman
I want to go to a "sauna party"!!
A Healthboards sauna party, let's get it on

Well in my experience it doesn't do much good. It actually does make your skin look more healthy and vibrant for a few hours, but it won't do much for your acne, certainly not cystic. It does bring current spots to a head, but if you think about it, it also brings other rubbish up to the surface of the skin too which can actually contribute to forming new spots....

Old 04-28-2004, 09:03 AM   #9

Valka HB User

Souna party it is!

well, that is true, if i have a problem of my pores opening up and i get sweat trapped inside and oils and yakkkkk..........whatever.......

see...now this is something that i don't know...if it is good for my skin or if it isnt.....sweating could increase zits growth, and on the other hand my pores are going to open up....so if i will put a nice topical.......hmmmmmmmmmm......

so confusing.....

i think we need an IN HOUSE DOCTOR or to be correct IN BOARD DOCTOR so we could get some questions really answered.......once and for all....

Old 04-28-2004, 10:10 AM   #10
(male)

erikn HB User

well, I have a sauna in my home....... I go at least 4 or 5 times a week....... I shower well after as well....... (I have back and chest(some stomach) acne)

.......I've found that it makes almost NO difference.....

Old 04-28-2004, 10:16 AM   #11
(male)

erikn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valka
Hello there...would attending steaming sounas be a good idea....???

Old 04-28-2004, 10:38 AM   #12
(male)

Jonesy HB User

Think of it this way, it draws stuff up towards the skin right? So EXISTING spots will come to a head, but at the same time, stuff which started UNDER the skin will rise to the skin's surface and is likely to create new spots. When I went through the whole steam/sauna routine, it got rid of some spots and created new ones, end result is no improvement.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:56 AM   #13
Veteran

Neca HB User

I used my gym's sauna for the past two years and have steamed my face for over 4 years. Firstly, steaming will NOT cure your acne. It WILL help to remove alot of toxins from your skin but it doesn't mean you will experience clear skin. The most effective removal of toxins is for example after drinking alot of alcohol. Steaming will alleviate the pressure put on your liver and kidneys to remove this alcohol by redirected the toxins out via your skin. I never experienced clear skin while steaming but it DOES help you squeeze out whiteheads/blackheads which may have otherwise created scars if the pores were not opened while you squeezed them. It also speeds up your skin's healing process.

All in all, it's probably it won't hurt to steam once or twice every two weeks.

Old 04-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #14
(male)

erikn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neca
I used my gym's sauna for the past two years and have steamed my face for over 4 years. Firstly, steaming will NOT cure your acne. It WILL help to remove alot of toxins from your skin but it doesn't mean you will experience clear skin. The most effective removal of toxins is for example after drinking alot of alcohol. Steaming will alleviate the pressure put on your liver and kidneys to remove this alcohol by redirected the toxins out via your skin. I never experienced clear skin while steaming but it DOES help you squeeze out whiteheads/blackheads which may have otherwise created scars if the pores were not opened while you squeezed them. It also speeds up your skin's healing process.

All in all, it's probably it won't hurt to steam once or twice every two weeks.

what about 4 or 5 times a week like I do......

Closed Thread