It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 07:40 PM   #1

epu HB User
Vitamin E working faster than Hydroquinone on clearing up darkspots?! What's this?

You guys know my story. I've been using Hydroquinone (Glades & Tri-Luma) for months now with almost no noticeable changes during usage. The max usage is two months, and as a teenager, these products would help clear up dark spots completely in a few weeks.

Well, after listening to a friend, I bought some Vitamin E a week ago and applied it to the same area (along with the Hydroquinone, but I dropped Tri-Luma since it made my skin RED as hell) and the dark spots have cleared up significantly!! This stuff is working so fast. I've been applying Vitamin E 400 I.U. as well as Fish Oil (an E derivative). By the looks of things, perhaps my dark spots will clear up completely in a month or so. I'm so happy with this, and also a little disappointed that I spent over $100 a tube on the Hydroquinone, and only had to spend $6 on the Bottle of Vitamin E from the local Duane Reade.

Is this normal?

Old 05-01-2004, 09:13 PM   #2

seacoral HB User
Re: Vitamin E working faster than Hydroquinone on clearing up darkspots?! What's this?

what brand of vitamin E are you using? does it cause breakouts? i'm looking for something to use on my dark acne scars.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 06:32 AM   #3

epu HB User
Re: Vitamin E working faster than Hydroquinone on clearing up darkspots?! What's this?

I'm using thius cheapy cheapy store brand of Vitamin from Duane Reade (it's like a CVS or Walmart) and the strength of the Viatmin E is 400 IU (I believe the number of International Units per 5 drops of Viatmin E, a measure of the strength). Just for kicks I tried searching and they actually make this stuff in 1000 and 2000 IU. It's a little expensive though. I saw the 1000 IU for $50. Compared to a tube of Tri-Luma, it's not expensive at all, but at the moment I can't budge for it.

Closed Thread