It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2003, 04:51 PM   #1

Alexandra789456 HB User
Post Hmm this is interesting

I think my boyfriend is about to break up with me. Why? Because I won't take showers with him (don't want to remove my makeup). I have nice skin.. but I break out a little so I get paranoid. Well there are other issues with showers too though.. with other people.. too crowded LOL

Last edited by Alexandra789456; 11-11-2005 at 12:17 AM.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
Veteran

Testament HB User
Well, I feel for you... but Accutane is a drug just the same. It may work, it may not. I sure hope it does though. Hopefully you can bridge that gap with your boyfriend... I'm sure it'll workout the way i should.

Good luck with the Accutane!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 05:47 PM   #3
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
Has he seen you bare faced? Just tell him 'if you want me to join you in there, you're gonna have to see the real me'

Tell him it's not permanent.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:51 PM   #4

Alexandra789456 HB User
He has.. but recently I always wear make-up because it's just unbearable. I think that's not the best advice. I wouldn't want him to have any memories of me like that. That is not me and I don't want him to ever see me like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
I mean, I wouldn't want to see him like that...

Old 03-14-2003, 05:59 PM   #5
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Lightbulb

I know what you mean. When I was badly broken out and had to cover everything with makeup, I was extremely sensitive about anyone looking at me. I didn't even want anyone to look at me WITH the makeup on!! I really just wanted to disappear. It was hard to face my parents at the dinner table, any relatives who hadn't seen me for a long time, and people at work. I didn't even want to exercise because it would mean having to go without makeup.

I think it also affected my relationship with my significant other, because I was so grouchy and sensitive all the time. Fortunately, my significant other is extremely patient and hung with me that whole horrible time.

Good luck to you. Know you're not alone.

Old 03-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #6
Inactive

Sahuja HB User
Yeah I know what you mean. I mean, I have only been married for 7 months and when I am broken out, I have such a lack of interest in sex because i feel so "unsexy" and hideous. I mean, if my hubby wants to have sex in the morning I feel so ugly without my makeup on so i avoid it! Also, bad breakouts just put me in a rotten mood. My husband is always like "Why are you so worried about your zits? Just dont use anything, drink lots of water and they will go away." HELLO! That is coming from a guy with great skin!! And like I havent tried that method. ARRGGHHH! He is like "the more stuff you use, the worse it will make you." I mean, he doesnt understand how frustrating it is!!! I just wanna cure this crap so I can feel good about looking in the mirror!

Old 03-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #7
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User
Boy, can I relate....my husband has been so sweet and understanding since this started, but I dread having to go to work or see people at all. I just want to wake up and be myself again....confident, happy and not broke from all of the expensive lotions and medications!

Make up doesn't even cover it....I spend the whole day at work trying to think of ways to go home early.

This is completely controlling my life. I am so sick of it.

Old 03-17-2003, 06:19 PM   #8

novatadpole HB User
I totally understand. I use to take showers with my boyfriend, but I made sure I never put my face in the water and would end up hating that the lighting was so bright. Then as soon as I jumped out of the shower, I'd make sure he didnt see me quickly put some foundation on!! It definately directly affects my confidence. I would hate it at work when I could see peoples eyes looking at my face instead of looking me straight in the eye. all I can say is your not alone!!

Old 03-18-2003, 04:23 AM   #9

hemics HB User
Hi,

Yes..My husband is very understanding too...He always tells me not to use any medication or make-up on. He is a strong believer of natural healing. He wouldn't even take tylenol, if he has fever or severe cold. He wants to take naural remedies and it works perfectly for him.

I am also on this natural healing thing now for acne like applying fresh neem and turmeric paste everyday for 1 hour and also drink plenty of water and fresh juices and vegetables..and use only Purpose gentle face wash and apply rosewater, lemon juice and glycerin mixture as moiturizer at bed time..So far, my skin has responded very well...It has become very soft and even and zits have reduced considerably..Actually, I have no new zits for the last 1 week.

My husband is keeping my confidence up by telling that I look beautiful and that I have excellent facial features, and that he has the most beautiful wife in the world !! Anyway, whether true or not, atleast, he is not the one that talks about my zits or how to cure it, etc..He says to leave it alone ...

Thanks,
hemics

Old 03-18-2003, 05:21 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
I know a guy that developed Gullian Barr Syndrome 30 years after he received the Swine Flue vaccine in the early 1970's. He is now paralyzed from the waist down and this doctor thinks it was from that vaccine so long ago. The point is what are the long term effects of Accutane?

Old 03-18-2003, 10:10 AM   #11

Capt Zit HB User
i feel for you. i'm so lucky, i have the coolest gf in the world.

Old 03-18-2003, 10:50 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
My BF would only give me a couple kisses last night.I kept wanting to kiss(trying hard to overcome my zit complex)but he just kept pushing me away.I guess I'm just too ugly to kiss right now.

Old 03-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #13

pinupvirgin HB User
I can't stand to even have my live-in boyfriend SEE me right now, every AM when he goes to work, he tries to kiss me & I say "Don't look at me", and hide my face in the pillow. He tells me I'm beautiful. I only hear a pity lie, my self-esteem has never been that good to begin with, now it's in the toilet entirely. I sometimes wish he'd leave so I wouldn't have to deal with the guilt over not being affectionate with him.

Old 03-19-2003, 12:59 AM   #14

Alexandra789456 HB User
Hrmmm... I guess this is something only women deal with as no guys have replied to this post. I guess that's normal though because it's us women who are "supposed" to look perfect....

Old 03-19-2003, 01:11 AM   #15

hongkongers HB User
Unhappy

no,no,no ,I'm guy,but I'm gay, though. I also really care about my "appearance" ,too. Since appearance is very important in gay circle! What a pity to me, too!

Let's hope all of us have clear face in front of ur lovers.

Closed Thread